What Happened to Hard Core!

Lots to like about this game but WOW, so far this has been really tough to swallow!

Kill Cam??

Mini Map??

3rd person vehicle view turned off??

What Happened?!

I know these are server settings but I haven't even been able to find a game with settings I like, no to mention that even finding a Hard Core game is now stupid with no quick game settings either.  This is making BF3 much less addicting for me and dare I say even less fun.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, it's one of the many elements that are proving battlefield 3 is junk

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111025191705AAm7cJf

It's there. I didn't look for it myself but I've heard from multiple people that it's in the game. The menu navigation is terrible, that's all.

I know Hardcore games are there (sort of Hardcore) in the server browser, but now much harder to find.  I want to know who asked DICE to jack all the Hardcore settings?

I heard that there are 3 settings, Normal, hardcore and infantry I think.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. But yeah... I agree. Honestly when I saw the first trailer for BF3 I was expecting vehicle entry/exit animations, no third person mode (for anything), no kill cams at all, etc. When a game has "realistic" first person perspective animations/effects in respect to knifing, vaulting obstacles, blur/flare effects, etc. I was expecting them to go the extra mile and make everything else have that immersion factor. But I guess that's asking for too much.

It's a shame because I think locking out 3rd person view from vehicles (for example) would help balance vehicle vs infantry gameplay. It's still a fun game and I'll continue to enjoy the hell out of it, because honestly nothing else on consoles comes this close to the level of immersion that I'm looking for. I had high hopes for Operation Flashpoint 2 and even its sequel Red River, but both games turned out to be crap. So for now BF3 takes the crown, even if it's not 100% perfect.

Click on right thumbstick for 3rd person vehicle view

Some of you who are complaining about not being able to find hardcore servers need to pay attention to the screen better.  When you are in the server list screen just hit R3 and you can filter what kind of server settings you are looking for!  Now that you know that you can stop blaming Dice and start blaming yourself for not paying better attention

Dude, these people are saying he Hardcore settings arent as hardcore as they were on BC2. They should nerf the killcam and minimap that shows enemies in hardcore mode.

I gotta tell ya, I think the HC issue is a glitch or server related error.....cause I was playing HC last night with some friends and they were getting killcams......I never seen one once......the only things that were "un-hardcore'ish'' for me was the minimap....but it never really showed the enemy unless they were firing I guess...even then for only a couple seconds....the hit detection seemed a little off too, but once again....lag or server issues....and lastly, the crosshairs were always there onscreen......yeah they make the game easier, but Id rather not have them...ADS = more lifelike

-

all in all, I liked it....different, but I'll learn.....I think when they get all the server/connection bugs sorted out, then HC will be more like....HC

[quote user="II FR4K II"]

Click on right thumbstick for 3rd person vehicle view

[/quote]From my experience last night, that doesn't work in hardcore. I tried several times when I was in the plane last night and it would not change. I did discover that it's actually easier to fly a plane from the cockpit rather than the 3rd person view.