What games use actual A.I.?

Just wondering kinda thinking if A.I. actually could think for itself and feel.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

portal

An AI creation can't think for itself or feel.  It can only do what is within the range of what its been programmed to do.  It may seem lifelike, but it's not.

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

An AI creation can't think for itself or feel.  It can only do what is within the range of what its been programmed to do.  It may seem lifelike, but it's not.

[/quote]

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend.

We could not risk developing true AI without any learning boundaries as that could open the gates to becoming self aware which can be dangerous, there pushing the boat out by creating a web for machines, but the machines are limited to there programming (thank goodness)

[/quote]

Yeah this.If we invented a true AI it wouldn't be wasted on video games anyways.

Developers have been struggling to create A.I. that can use reason for years.Enemies in games still cant figure out simple things like how to get around obstructions.What I find funny is how good Gears of War is.Yet the drones try to duck behind cover where they're right out in the open.I'm like-"You do realize I can still see you?" lol

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[/quote]

Yeah this.If we invented a true AI it wouldn't be wasted on video games anyways.

[/quote]

ha, yeah...it would truly be a massive blow to our civilization if we ever were able to give birth to a true artificial intelligence and it just wanted to play video games...

If sentient AIs got stuck on video games it might save our civilization. Anything to keep them from realizing how much better off they'd be without us is a good thing.

[quote user="Farscape247"]

We could not risk developing true AI without any learning boundaries as that could open the gates to becoming self aware which can be dangerous, there pushing the boat out by creating a web for machines, but the machines are limited to there programming (thank goodness)

[/quote]

Look at what happened with Skynet.  Don`t want a T800 coming after me :)

The future is happening sooner rather than later.The US miltary expects to have robot troops on the battlefield by 2030.Thats a little over 15 years!