What game to buy next?

I'm considering following:Deus Ex, Dead Island, Mortal Kombat or Oblivion GOTY. Your input is welcome

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dead Island

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

If you haven't played Oblivion... Oblivion.

I'm agreeing with OG Pooh. If you've never played Oblivion before it is the game to go for. The Game of the Year edition should be better yet due to the sheer amount of content available. You could easily play only Oblivion from now to Christmas, if you were so inclined. I haven't played Dead Island or Deus Ex, but Oblivion is the best value of the three. I don't honestly think you could get bored of that game if you vary it up enough.

Gears of War 3.

I am planing on getting Skyrim also when it comes out. Will I miss out on anything if I just get that game instead of Oblivion?

Deus Ex or Oblivion, two outstanding games.

Dead Island

[quote user="striker2"]

I am planing on getting Skyrim also when it comes out. Will I miss out on anything if I just get that game instead of Oblivion?

[/quote]You'll be fine if you forgo Oblivion for Skyrim.   Their stories aren't linked to each other.

As far as your original question, I'd recommend Deus Ex.

Deus Ex is a mediocre snorefest no matter how many 9's it gets. When someone says that can't be true because so many people say it's that good. Just remember there once was a time where hundreds of thousands of people thought it was a good idea to wave flags with swastika's.

The game sucks and is basically a compilation of individual gametypes that have all been done better elsewhere. To cover that up, they covered it in a beautiful artistic sauce. Easily the single most overated game this generation.

Get Dead Island today it's easily the sleeperhit of 2011, especially if you look at the developers earlier work, which sucked..

Dead Island is on my list.  I have Gears 3 preordered!  MIDNIGHT RELEASE!!