What fps would you recommend?

Ok this is with a twist.  I am looking for a good first person shooter to play.  But I don't want to include any cod title or battlefield or bad company title.  What other fps games would you recommend that will keep me busy for more than a week or two?  And why do you recommend the game?  Any information is appreciated. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

bulletstorm. trying to find better ways to kill to increase you points is fun. plus the stuff you can do to people is messed up. wait till you get the "fire in the hole" kill. rage is good as well. i like it because its a throw back to 90's FPS games in the way it plays. it brought back memory's of doom and quake.

Ghost Recon maybe

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

Ghost Recon maybe

[/quote]I am getting it, just tried out the beta.  But it's a 3rd person shooter. I'm looking for a first person shooter.  It's just what I prefer when it comes to playing a game for an extended period.  

brothers in arms: hells highway is a good alternative to world war 2 COD games. you have to use tatics and flanking to out smart the AI. very fun game.

If you like first person shooters, you should definitely try out counter strike global offensive when it comes out to xbox live arcade. Man, i cannot wait for that game.

Shadowrun. It's one of the most unique FPS on the market. It's challenging. It's fun. It's like 5 bucks.

Halo:Reach. Prep up for Halo 4 in 7 months.

crysis 2 is alright

Crysis 2 is alright, but if you're looking for a change of pace from Call of Duty, it's not much different. I'm not sure if you've played Battlefield 1943 but it is different from the standard bad company. It's still really active and it is only 1200 msp.

-

For single player games, I'm playing Metro 2033 right now and it is a really hard shooter.

-

Syndicate is the best Co-Op game I've ever played and it is a shooter.

Bioshock. Its simply one of the best games ever made.Awsome story,good voice acting,easy controls,twisted story line.graphics are amazing.And the gameplay is awsome.Loved that game.Played threw 3x..