What exactly is "boosting" and can you get banned for boosting?

???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Boosting is using an unfair advantage to get headshots, wins....just about anything you need for challenges. Such as tac inserting and killing someone for stuff...basically just cheating. And yes, you can and WILL be banned for doing it.

Why you ask?

From the BLOPS2 S&E policy:

Boosting

Any user who colludes with another user to exploit the game for the purpose of gaining XP, prestige, game score, weapon level, or in-game unlock is subject to penalty.

• First offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
  • Second offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, will have online split-screen privileges revoked, and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
  • Extreme or multiple repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

If you're asking, then chances are that what you're doing is boosting.

These guys are getting more elaborate all the time,I had a game on Meltdown the other day and one guy was sniping the other from window to window and he was Tac inserting then letting his pal kill him repeatedly.

Here is what boosting is, and how you will be found - well, one of the ways - I always report!

http://youtu.be/42sihPLRLD4

Boosting is bad mkay

Boosting is not allowed via Treyarch's Terms of Use as they deem it cheating.

Boosting is allowed via Microsofts Terms of Service so long as the games mechanics allow it to happen.

Report the offender(s) to the Game Developer so they can take the appropriate actions, reporting to the other is just a waste of your time as it would be disregarded.

I report boosters to Treyarch when I encounter them as well.

• Do not cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled by the developer.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]Boosting is allowed via Microsofts Terms of Service so long as the games mechanics allow it to happen.

[/quote]

I was of the understanding that its not the mechanics but whether or not the developer allowed it.

"Do not cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled by the developer"

^^I go by that second rule (i.e. GTA 5) every other game you can't