What does multilayer local and co-op mean?

Sorry this question sounds so absurd, but really having an issue finding two-player split screen games. This stems from the terminology used. Here is an example. Downloaded Borderlands from Xbox on demand. Started playing in split screen mode with a friend. Got a strange message about player 2 not having a saved spot and to press okay to continue. Pressed okay you continue. Played the game for awhile to get used to it, got to levels 5 and 4. Went to end the game, it said it was saved. Turned off the console. Went to play it again and my character was saved; however, my friends character was not. There was never an option to create a profile for player 2. Thought this game was multiplayer: local and on-line, co-op 2-4 players. Was it incorrect to assume that if another person wanted to play the same missions together with me we could? Otherwise could you explain the difference between multiplayer:on-line & local, and co-op: 2-4?

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2018 Views 999 Applies to:

If your friend played as a guest then it will not save his character, you would have to create a new profile to have his character saved

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As 24hrs said .... When your friend activates his controller, he should press the silver button to log in that controller to a separate account, or create a new one if necessary.

Sorry this didn't help.

Be aware we are not saying he needs a gold subscription just an account of his own to save his own stats, characters etc while playing local coop

Sorry this didn't help.