What does everyone think about no bloom?

Ok so i'm just curious as to how everyone is taking the no bloom update.

Personally I don't like it. Which is strange because bloom pisses me off so much. It's just a part of Reach now and getting rid of itmakes it feel like Bungie is insulting me, saying 'well it's ok if you can't use the DMR with bloom. here, we'll get rid of it'. I would have loved it if the game was released with no bloom.Would have been the perfect game then.

What does everyone else think? I feel like there would be some mixed reactions.

PS: Is the MLG playlist all no bloom now?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven't played in a while, but Bungie isn't the one in charge of this game or Halo anymore. This was 343 Industries' doing.

Troll 343 is Troll. It took me quite a while to get used to bloom being in Halo (And I kind of liked it). Now, all they're doing is disrupting the equilibrium for most people IMO.

wait so they make me learn how to play with bloom and now they just take it away like that?

~

btw CHAMIKA wow, nice to know you're still alive

It sucks.

I would prefer it and it brings reassurance for H4.

Combine that with the inherent inaccuracy of the BR or Carbine and we might have a solid, more traditional experience return. We need the inaccuracy if hitscan is going to remain, which I think it should.

DMR is more like the BR without except you don't have to lead your targets as much so it's easier.

Next time you play 85% TU or ZB, use the needle rifle if you find one, automatic long range death machine. Even on 85% you can hold the trigger and get no bloom.

I can live with no bloom but prefer to have it on now.

Not having to lead your targets creates so many problems, hence why I've love to see the BR back, plus its inherent inaccuracy, because I believe you shouldn't have to lead your targets to combat lag.

I'm fairly sure that inaccuracy + no leading would still be decent, though not as good as it was (with regards to the gunplay, countering lag is a good thing in every sense) and would solve many of the problems no leading + perfect accuracy has. The same problems bloom did nothing to counter.

I like the 0% bloom. Reminds me of good ol' days of Halo 3. :D

I think it's, putting it nicely, stupid. I don't play the no-bloom playlist but they removed some effects of bloom from the rest of the playlists. It honestly helps me even more. I was good with the original setting. It's just more casual-friendly, I hate it.

WTH is bloom!?!?!