What do you would like to see in the next Fallout ?

-  be developed by Bethesda or Obsidian ... although ; i would like more the second.

- schematics weapons and mods weapons

-  more Choices and consequences.

- New  factions , like the  ones mentioned in previous games but that never appeared.

- Caravan game.

- the chance to change your look whenever you want like in FO3. FNV only let you chance your haircut if you join the kings and now maybe will let you change the appearence with Old World Blues ...but IDK if is true.

- behemoths

- big variety of random encounters like in FO3.

- vehicles ala mad max via schematics.

- arenas to fight i loved them in FO3 and FNV.

- funny collectibles like the BH  that help your stats .

keep sharing ideas.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well I for one was very happy with New Vegas as it was for the most part. I think there was a little too much of the map unused. I'd like to see more things going on in the big empty areas. I am not talking about outside the borders. I am talking about all the space around downtown new Vegas. There were farms and maybe a couple of raiders here and there but other than the area around Vault 3 there wasn't much going on in a huge area of the map. That was kind of dissapointing. more caves and ruin exploration would be nice too.

-more random encounters

-southwest setting (yes I know its been done before)

-more weapons

-BEHEMOTHS

-more decisions

-I know a long shot, but maybe co op?

A "drop what you are doing and follow me" command for companions.  It gets frustrating when Dogmeat or Boone decide to wander off and investigate what turns out to be a Deathclaw nest.

Hmm

1. More factions, as mentioned above. 
  2. Different weather conditions (snow, rain, etc)
  3. If the map is big the ability to have a vehicle or mount, Fallout 2 you reportedly had one. 
  4. More options for making things, as much as I liked the ability to do this in Fallout New Vegas, the powers that be didn't go far enough, I'd have adored to be able to make & sell armor.  Hopefully they can correct this oversight in the next one. 

[quote user="Randzz"]

More options for making things, as much as I liked the ability to do this in Fallout New Vegas, the powers that be didn't go far enough, I'd have adored to be able to make & sell armor.  Hopefully they can correct this oversight in the next one. 

[/quote]

Agreed, the ability to craft armor would be very cool.  I would ultimately like to see every item you can carry be useful in some way, whether it is as a directly usable item like a weapon or chem, something that can be included in a crafting recipe, or something that can be broken down into usable components for crafting.  It would certainly make inventory management more complicated and important, and might give you an incentive to not always carry only the items with the highest value/weight ratio.

I would like to see a companion pathing system like the one in Mass Effect. Would be nice to be able to set my companions in advantagous positions.

Something to make traveling a little bit faster such as sprint

[quote user="phyrian"]

[quote user="Randzz"]

More options for making things, as much as I liked the ability to do this in Fallout New Vegas, the powers that be didn't go far enough, I'd have adored to be able to make & sell armor.  Hopefully they can correct this oversight in the next one. 

[/quote]

Agreed, the ability to craft armor would be very cool.  I would ultimately like to see every item you can carry be useful in some way, whether it is as a directly usable item like a weapon or chem, something that can be included in a crafting recipe, or something that can be broken down into usable components for crafting.  It would certainly make inventory management more complicated and important, and might give you an incentive to not always carry only the items with the highest value/weight ratio.

[/quote]

For more intricate things like power armor & heavy hitting weapons like the Tesla Cannon it would make sense if you needed a schematic. In that sense I understood somethings they did in Fallout 3, common sense being the key though. I don't wanna need a schematic to make more mundane weapons/items.

Race selection at the beginning of the game like if you want to be a human, ghoul or a super mutant. Or you could turn into a ghoul or super mutant in the game. Weapons couldn't be fixed with other weapons 'cause I have couple of times repaired a normal weapon with a unique one and didn't notice before it was too late and I had saved over all the old saves (repairing weapons with other weapons doesn't even make sense 'cause eventually all the weapons in the world were used and there was like only one broken weapon left, lol)

I'd like a Fallout game that happened sooner to the great war and the time of the first game 'cause if every sequel happens later and later then it's not gonna be surviving in the wasteland anymore, but more like before the war. Too civilized.

[quote user="Randzz"]

[quote user="phyrian"]

[quote user="Randzz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For more intricate things like power armor & heavy hitting weapons like the Tesla Cannon it would make sense if you needed a schematic. In that sense I understood somethings they did in Fallout 3, common sense being the key though. I don't wanna need a schematic to make more mundane weapons/items.

[/quote]

Perhaps every craftable item could have two skill levels associated with it.  The lower requirement would be the minimum to make with schematics, and the higher would be the level at which schematics were no longer required.  Low skill characters would need schematics even for fairly simple items and would be unable to craft the more complicated stuff, while high skill characters could craft anything with plans and would only need those plans for the more advanced stuff.  

Maybe it could go even further, having a chance of success based on how much higher your skill level is than required.  This would provide some incentive for higher skill characters to obtain schematics even for items they can craft without them.  Having the plans would lower the minimum skill needed to create the item, thus increasing the chance of success.  In this system the items (at least some of them) would have to be used up regardless of whether or not you succeeded, otherwise you could just keep trying over and over until it worked.