What do you do

when in heli and lock sound starts and red sign on HUD appears and next thing you are dead.

Is this glitch or  proximity of enemy chopper  ?

Because I am used to hear a titititi flying missile alarm also, before doing any avoiding actions and this sound is, hm, sometimes is there, sometimes is not.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If you're flying the chopper and you've got buddies in it, you should try to do anything you can to shake the lock. Get low to the ground and keep moving to avoid both the lock-on and ground troops at the same time. Above all else, don't be a douche and bail out with people in it. Leave the choice to them. If they stick with you, they've chosen their fate. If you're going down, go down with honor and don't abandon the vehicle unless everyone has jumped ship before you.

the red lettered warning on your cockpit HUD is the 'LOCK'-on indicator telling that you are currently getting locked-on to by AA. if they did hit u right away like that im sure it was a jet very close to you..some jet pilots do that so u dont have time to flare. so watch the skies and keep an eye out for those jets, theyre still a big problem for helos. o.. an if one is coming at u locking on like that, drop flares early..not too soon. just before the official locked tone starts. just my two cents.

[quote user="powerDubi2006"]

when in heli and lock sound starts and red sign on HUD appears and next thing you are dead.

Is this glitch or  proximity of enemy chopper  ?

Because I am used to hear a titititi flying missile alarm also, before doing any avoiding actions and this sound is, hm, sometimes is there, sometimes is not.

[/quote]

If you have flares unlocked/equipped hit RB to deploy them. Make sure you hear the missile(s) heading inbound first, not just the lock-on alarm.

Probably a jet or really close enemy helo, once they fire the missiles don't have far to go so you blow up before you hear the warning. I wish they hadn't buffed AA missiles.