What Did They do to Gears of War Judgment?

In my recent account i have heard of some horrible rumors of the upcoming Yes.. 60$ Gears of War Judgment game being developed by People Who Fly who made Bulletstorm.That they took DBNO OUT!!! Thats just Begging it to be Swarmed by bored Call of Duty kids. Just saying. also you have to pick classes now which i dont know if it is true. and some other things. Anyways do you think its a lost cause game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What?

They took "DBNO" out?

No way!

What's "DBNO" please?

^^^I believe it's down, but not out. Basically waiting to be revived.

They should have stopped after 3...

It will change the game. Hopefully for the better.

[quote user="Cosmic III"]

In my recent account i have heard of some horrible rumors of the upcoming Yes.. 60$ Gears of War Judgment game being developed by People Who Fly who made Bulletstorm.That they took DBNO OUT!!! Thats just Begging it to be Swarmed by bored Call of Duty kids. Just saying. also you have to pick classes now which i dont know if it is true. and some other things. Anyways do you think its a lost cause game?

[/quote]

I'd just like to point out the irony on so many forums I visit where people are complaining that developers are utterly terrified to change things in their series and that we need more companies willing to try new things with their biggest franchises! And then when a company actually does change things around everybody immediately complains about it. Gamers, on the whole, are a bloody hypocritical bunch, really.

-------

Anyway, to the topic at hand. I must admit that removing DBNO was a choice that surprised me as it also takes out executions, one of the signature features in the series, and that also means such game modes as Execution and Guardian are out. To clarify, DBNO is on the campaign, and there's a feature like it in the Overrun mode. My assumption is they've removed DBNO so as to have a quicker pace in the multiplayer. I'm also not sure how you're tying the removal of DBNO to lots of Call of Duty fans piling in to the game. To be honest, most CoD players I know already played Gears anyway.

------

Yes, there are classes, but they're only in Overrun as far as I'm aware. Standard multiplayer just has loadouts. Mixed feelings on classses as they're generally overused, but provided they make each class feel unique and useful then I'm all up for giving it a shot. 

Could this be an effort to reduce kill stealing? The only people I see having a problem with this are those that like to let a teammate down the enemy and then steal the kill from them.

I don't like change!

-

Call of Duty sucks, it's the same every year!

I am pretty sure Down But Not Out was only removed in Free For All for obvious reasons. It is probably still be in the normal game modes like Execution and Warzone.

[quote user="GUN5L1NGER"]

Could this be an effort to reduce kill stealing? The only people I see having a problem with this are those that like to let a teammate down the enemy and then steal the kill from them. You get points for the damage you do anyways.

[/quote]

There's no such thing as kill stealing. If you didn't get the kill shot it wasn't your kill.

That being said I think removing dbno is stupid because it's a part of what Gears is. Now there will be almost no reason to run to another teammate. Sounds like they're casualing up the series for cry babies who can't handle getting injured.

I hate threads like these because they miss the point of titles like these entirely. The game is meant as a "spin off" Gears game while still cannon its a different take on the franchise which could in itself spawn its own series.

Forza Horizon got the same hate and still does from Forza purists(Read need to learn to enjoy things more) yet its like Judgment was a spin off which was clearly said from day one yet people just layer the hate no matter what. Yet they miss out on a great open world racing title, more fool them!

Enjoy the game for what it is a different take on one of a lot of peoples favorite franchises. I'm sure Gears vanilla isn't done with and we will see a Gears 4 but until then this is a extra bit of fun to tide us over.