What determines "Skill" on the Battlelog?

I'm curious... mine's at 197 and I have no idea how it's determined, and what the max number is. I've seen people with a higher SPM, but lower Skill, so what causes it?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/OrdealByFire/stats/170760645/xbox/

(Look at bottom of the page)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i have -30..lol

prolly k/d unfortunately.

i have 197

BC1 had the same system 1-200 or something, K/D was the biggest factor.

IF EA/Dice were smart they would use the old BF2MC stat system, Points per hour ( basically 3 matches) averaged together

Mine is at 393 or something...no idea what it goes by..

Goes by the score you earn in the game, thus it is called SCORE PER MINUTE.

Patience. How long can you wait in a bush without moving

[quote user="ComedyInK"]

Goes by the score you earn in the game, thus it is called SCORE PER MINUTE.

[/quote]

What? No. SPM and Skill is a different stat.

^ I has failed.

It does appear to be based on K/D. Comparing mine to OrdealByFire's our SPM is very close but his K/D is much higher than mine.

He's at 197 and I'm at -104. I play only Conquest and go for the flags with little concern for my K/D and apparently the game punishes you for playing objective modes and actually completing the objectives.

Yeah,i think skill should go on a combi of SPM,Objective score and then K/D.After all it is mainly an objective based game.

Jeah the skill calculation is wierd to say the least. SPM is a more determining factor imho. A team of high spm players versus a team of high skill players will see the SPM players take the win easy as they go for the objectives without regards for their lives. BC1 is a clear example of this, often a team consisting of all level 8-14 players is way more dangerous and succesfull then a team of 2's.

In my book Skill should be a calculation factoring in; win/loss ratio, spm, k/d ratio, hit/miss ratio at an equal rate. BC1 wise spm did seem to matter a little bit (roughly 20%) with 30% being determined by the number of kills and 50% by the number of deaths (numbers based on feeling).