What could they possibly add to COD MW3?

It has pretty much been stated that the call of duty franchise needs to do something different...now that theyre done jumpin time periods we are goin back to the same old modern combat, and for the 3rd game in the series, it is sure to get boring

call of duty in general is becoming boring to a lot of people, including me

the competition in games is also going to be huge this year...how am i gonna have time for MW3 when im gunna be trying to level up to 100 in gears of war 3 and level up in battlefield 3, along with many like myself who will be playing skyrim, possibly rage, possibly dead island, possibly 20 other games

so what do yu guys think cod is gonna do to try and "wow" us?

so far ive seen an almost identical teaser to mw2, and graphics will be almost identical due to the use of the cod4 engine

what could cod possibly do? are they really going to go with the "destructible environment, big maps, vehicles" approach? if they do, great for them. but thats kinda the reason why ill be getting battlefield 3 which has been doin that stuff for years lol

discuss

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Me, I only enjoy 1 fps and it's whatever the latest COd game is. People say I wasted 60 bucks. But what about the person who buys 7 games this summer? A: go outside and get some sun. And B: I save a ton of bucks by only playing one game everyday.

^IMO

For CoD to separate themselves from the fps pack I think it would be cool if they bring mod tools to consoles, like Forge from Halo but a lot more expansive. You'd be able to create/edit mods, maps, skins etc, similar to Counter Strike which has dozens of mods, surf, glass maps, skins.

I'd also like them to implemented cross platform play between Xbox & PSN (not pc cuz the advantage of KB + M over controller). Although it would ineffably have to be worked out between Microsoft & Sony it brings millions to each platform so there's some incentive to improve the game.

KB/M is in full effect here. And by that I mean people use these things for Xbox. Lame I know but what can u do?

[quote user="ROCK A LITTL3"]

For CoD to separate themselves from the fps pack I think it would be cool if they bring mod tools to consoles, like Forge from Halo but a lot more expansive. You'd be able to create/edit mods, maps, skins etc, similar to Counter Strike which has dozens of mods, surf, glass maps, skins.

[/quote]

LOL.

Seriously. LOL

If they did that it would be the end of paying for DLCs.  They are NOT going to do that, they are trying to KILL those very things you are asking for.  And people see nothing wrong with it.

absolutely true ^

cod is not a 60 dollar game...cod is trying to become a 90-100 dollar game each and every year after you buy DLC..personally i have never bought the downloadable content for cod games even tho i have had every one (diff gamertag)...only dlc i ever had was for cod2 becuz it was and still is my fav cod...

if you are one of those ppl that spend 90 dollars on a cod game every year, and plan on buying mw3 no matter what.you should get urself to gamestop and realized that theres about 10000 other games you could be spending your time with

[quote user="Khronokai"]

LOL.

Seriously. LOL

If they did that it would be the end of paying for DLCs. They are NOT going to do that, they are trying to KILL those very things you are asking for. And people see nothing wrong with it.

[/quote]

Yes, I know that. It'll probably never happen since the map packs are selling insane numbers and activision want to milk that as long as possible , I was just answering the OP's original question on how Cod could distinguish themselves since currently most fps games are just copying each other.

They won't wow us, they will just spoon feed us the same old features they always have. Why change a winning combination?

I'm looking for the "WOW" factor...something that will make me go "Wow...are you kidding me"!  Somethng to take me tottally by surprise and turn this franchise and the FPS shooter games comepletly upside down.  That's what I'm looking for.

[quote user="Cohibaluvr"]

I'm looking for the "WOW" factor...something that will make me go "Wow...are you kidding me"!  Somethng to take me tottally by surprise and turn this franchise and the FPS shooter games comepletly upside down.  That's what I'm looking for.

[/quote]

Thats not going to come out of COD.  If anything look to other games for that wow factor, because COD isnt going to be the one doing it.