What caused "Active Effects"?

I see some red letters there telling me my melee damage is reduced by 15%, but I don't know what is actually causing this effect.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Those kinds of negative active effects are typically disease from being damaged by any number of enemies. In your active effect menu, in the little box that opens up with the description it should tell you if it was acquired by Bone Break Fever or Ataxia or whatever. Get yourself to a shrine or guzzle a cure disease potion & it should go away :)

Where can I find a shrine?

Every time you enter into any ruin, or cave you come across booby traps, like bear traps, pressure plate traps and so on. These type of traps causes these types of Active Effects like Bone Brake Fever, and others disease. To manage your bad effects always carry at least one bottle of desires cure potion until you can reach a  shrine. Mainly watch out for those traps, and you wont need to use a shrine.

Orrrrrr you could find/buy an amulet that will protect against future disease, that or become a werewolf which gives you disease immunity.  

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

Orrrrrr you could find/buy an amulet that will protect against future disease, that or become a werewolf which gives you disease immunity.  

[/quote] THis^

Vampire gives you disease immunity, as does one of the Dragon Priest masks.

Maybe someone should answer the actual question. Every city has at least a Hall of the Dead and usually a Temple to one of the 8. In Whiterun for example there is a Temple to Kynareth and the Hall of the Dead is just under it. I prefer the Hall of the Dead because the Blessing of Arkay is 25 pts of health for 8 hours (which lasts longer than eight hours). You may have people in towns telling you that you look sick. If they do then check your active effects. If you have been attacked in the wild by wolves and especially skeevers you may well be sick, Anytime you kill an enemy (human type) pay attention to what they are. If they are a vampire check your active effects. It can be cured with just a trip to a shrine or a cure disease potion for 3 game days after infection. There are shrines out in the wild, too. It is a good idea to make a habit of getting the blessing anytime you are in town because then you are covered.

Because there are some rare people like me who have no interest in becoming vampires or werewolves and in 300 hours and counting I have never seen an amulet of disease resistance. I always carry 2 cure disease potions.

[quote user="The Lady Bastet"]

Maybe someone should answer the actual question. Every city has at least a Hall of the Dead and usually a Temple to one of the 8. In Whiterun for example there is a Temple to Kynareth and the Hall of the Dead is just under it. I prefer the Hall of the Dead because the Blessing of Arkay is 25 pts of health for 8 hours (which lasts longer than eight hours). You may have people in towns telling you that you look sick. If they do then check your active effects. If you have been attacked in the wild by wolves and especially skeevers you may well be sick, Anytime you kill an enemy (human type) pay attention to what they are. If they are a vampire check your active effects. It can be cured with just a trip to a shrine or a cure disease potion for 3 game days after infection. There are shrines out in the wild, too. It is a good idea to make a habit of getting the blessing anytime you are in town because then you are covered.

Because there are some rare people like me who have no interest in becoming vampires or werewolves and in 300 hours and counting I have never seen an amulet of disease resistance. I always carry 2 cure disease potions.

[/quote] thanks