What are your thoughts on Pre-order Goodies?

I'm not asking rather you like them or not, this is more for the folks that are into Pre-order goodies.

In most cases I could care less because its just clothes or guns that you use for the first mission and then never use again but there are some cases (Gears 3) where I want every single thing available because I consider myself somewhat of a collector.

So on to my real questions.

1. Does it drive you nuts when when the goodies are spread all throughout the various vendors?

2. Do you consider a pre-order goody something you and other pre-ordering folks should have alone or would you be mad if it was offered a month later via DLC from XBL/PSN?

My answers.

1. YES!!! As while the case of my latest Purchase L.A. Noir
Gamestop had An extra case and badge collecting mini game and Walmart had an extra different case than GS.

When I buy a game I want to play everything available, especially if I really like the game.

2. No. I look at it as something I got for FREE because I pre-ordered it.
If you want it you'll have to pay later on.

I would also like the chance to get Pre-order things that may not have been offered in my state or country without paying an arm and a leg for it on E-Bay.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Honestly, I've only preordered a few games.  I usually wait for them to get below $40.  But when I have preordered, I didn't do it for the bonus stuff.  That's just a cherry on top of the ice cream to me.

id rather have everything in the game from the start, but if some reason if they don't have the memory for an additional case/mission, then it should b available via pre-order

I hate when devs purposely leave content out.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Some are good some are not but I don't pre order games on their offered Pre order packs there have been only a select few that gace something that was useful for the entire game. Most pre order bonuses are just a quick leg up to start and are worthless after 10 levels. I only Pre-order a game that I would run down and get when released anyways and they are getting fewer and fewer the way games now drop in price.

Edited:

I would never buy used as that will not support developers and future games.

Cash is always the best pre-order, I dislike retailer specific pre-order bonuses.

There should only be one pre-order bonus available from every retailer (DA2 did a pretty good job with this between the facebook game and signature edition)

I think all pre-order bonuses that are in game content should be made available at some point. The people who pre-ordered do deserve to have some exclusive time with their content though.

All this content should be available with the full retail game regardless of preorders. It's shameless greed that is the driving force behind this. Games have been selling just fine since the 80s without this nonsense.

It's stupid. But what else can we do? Just go with it

[quote user="PATRICK KERR1"]

1. Does it drive you nuts when when the goodies are spread all throughout the various vendors?

[/quote]

Oh gosh yes!  Mass Effect 2.  'nuff said.

As for Question #2, I really don't/wouldn't care to be honest

1.  When it seems like actual useful content, a little bit.  When it's sometihng pointless like a costume or something it doesn't matter.

2.  No.  Not every pre-order bonus is available worldwide (like Gamestop) so it gives people that couldn't possibly get the pre-order bonus a chance.