What Are You Playing During The Summer Gaming Drought?

So as the title says, any interesting games that you are playing during the summer while getting ready for the biggest titles coming later this year?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

random titles, waiting for deus ex. right now i have saint's row in the 360 and fallout 3 in the ps3.

I rented Alice: Madness Returns and Red Faction Armageddon because I was bored. Skyrim and BF3 need to hurry up and get released.

Playing through Oblivion again, never finished the first time around Also have a fair build up in my pile of shame, so will hopefully be tackling that too

A better question for me would be What am I playing during this generational drought?. I keep going back to the same few titles... Gran Tursimo 5, Dragon Age Origins, Test Drive Unlimited, Forza Motorsport 3, Heavy Rain and a couple of others. I've actually been replaying older titles more... Knights of the Old Republic, Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil Director's Cut, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, etc. 

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

A better question for me would be What am I playing during this generational drought?. I keep going back to the same few titles... Gran Tursimo 5, Dragon Age Origins, Test Drive Unlimited, Forza Motorsport 3, Heavy Rain and a couple of others. I've actually been replaying older titles more... Knights of the Old Republic, Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil Director's Cut, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, etc. 

[/quote]

Yeah I find myself going back to older titles as well, I've gone out and bought some games that I'd gotten rid of a long time ago and thinking about buying some others. None of the games that've come out within the last few months have been to my liking at all. Just seems  the bar is getting pushed lower and lower with these devs looking to make a quick buck instead of putting out a quality game.

Thankfully some very promising games aren't that far down the road so this drought might end.

Right now I'm playing Alice and loving every second of it. Starting next week, Catherine and From Dust and that's it till Gears...besides my backlog.

I'm playing Shadows of the Damned and Transformers dark of the moon. The latter is average and I'll be returning it tomorrow. There's a long stretch until Deus Ex but I've got heaps of titles to keep me busy.

FIFA 11, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Oblivion...

I got Red Dead ages ago and never got into it, I'll give it another go but save for that not much, FIFA and sometimes RB

Just going back and playing games I never really started or finished. May go back and try to tackle some XBLA titles I buy and never seem to play.

Also Halo:Reach MP