What are the stupidest rumors you've read about gaming?

Here's one... Analysts want Microsoft to dump the Xbox brand because of all the money they've lost over the years. Even Stephen Elop wants to dump it because he considers it to be "non-essential."

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That too much of it will make your eyes square. I used to believe that :/

Its some plot by aliens to brain wash us

The old square eyes one, I remember being told that... I think they were telling lies ;)

LOL!!! You got hit by that one too eh?

That Mew was under the truck near the SS Anne and you needed strength to move the truck..

^

Ah, the childhood memories are flooding back...

It is fascinating how rumors like that used to travel so quickly from kid to kid. Pretty amazing how far rumors go on such a large global scale.

I'm pretty sure the OPs rumor is actually true. I read an article, on a legit news source, that said MS could step back from gaming if the Xbone doesn't do really well because of how unprofitable the whole thing has been.

But if Microsoft dumps the Xbox, they'd lose all their developers and fans. Where would they all go next? PlayStation would then have a monopoly on third-party support, because very few developers would support Nintendo.

On a related note, Sony's PlayStation division has been losing money also. Guess they should just give up as well? If Sony and Microsoft dump their gaming divisions, Nintendo would become the winner by default with no competition.