What are premium Elite users going to get in compensation?

Four days in and there's still nothing but nonsense with Elite.  I don't think it's a question of WILL we get compensated I believe it should be WHAT are we going to get compensated with.  I played 3 hours for a competition event earlier today for nothing as the event went down half way through, and the more I read the comments section of Elite and MW3 forums, the community are pretty angry.  I bought the Hardened Edition on day of release for the Elite extras and founder status as the beta for Elite appealed to me.  Not only am I unable to use the services I have subscribed to, I'm yet to see my founder status at all.  Before anyone starts flaming my post think about this; there are so many rules and regulations the community are required to abide by in order to use the online services and devs and microsoft are the first to act upon any negative behaviours, what are we going to get back for the service breach caused by them?  I have heard rumours of 30 days being added to Elite Premium user subscriptions, whether there is any truth in it I do not know, but it in my opinion it just doesn't cut it.  Services breaches on the communities part can last for the lifetime of the console.  What about the folk that have booked time from work etc. to get some hours on competition events? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I believe we are getting an additional month of the elite service for free to our accounts.  Also the deadline to sign on for founder status was extended from 11/13/11 to the end of November.

activision.custhelp.com/.../std_adp.php

From what i have heard, they are extending the Elite membership for everyone by one month. Also, they are allowing people who register by the end of the month to receive Founder status.

-Be patient, apparently too many people are trying to register/join.

For the biggest multiplayer game in the world, I'm fooled as to why too many people trying to register/join is an issue.  I'm not digging at you and I totally take on board what your saying, but do you really believe giving us 30 days free is a reasonable remedy?  If I went into a shop and took a 1 month membership for XBL or any other service and wrote to them saying I'm going to give it back at a later date, I should imagine I'd be laughed at and busted.  Throwing some more free DLC in the direction of premium users would be reasonable.  This release has been anticipated by millions since MW2, surely the knew what to expect.  It was beta tested and I've been registered since August as I'm sure many others have been as well.  I appreciate your input though

So they should give you more than a month free for problems that haven't even been going on for a week? Where does this sense of entitlement come from? They wouldn't have to give you a damn thing. Christ this whole country has turned into a bunch of whiney bastards that think everyone owes them something. . . . . .

I said the same thing last night...how did they not know...i mean i totally understand crap happens but really Gamestop alone had millions of preorders so the fact that Activision and the ELITE site runners dropped the ball...as for reimbursment...the free month is cool...but i think they need to toss something else as well maybe an extra prestige token or more double XP

Wrobster, the fact you are the first poster to be a muppet on my thread shouts volumes about you.  And the fact you don't even have CoD:Elite makes your opinion redundant.  If you want to mouth off and personally attack posters, pick up your telephone and call someone who gives a ***!  

JayCueBATMAN - Extra prestige token or more double XP would be spot on in my opinion.  Just a little something extra to take the edge off of the let down!

Well, seems to me that you feel that getting a one month extension to your precious elite for problems that haven't even been going on a week isn't enough. How much is enough? With the elite you are already going to get the DLC. Sorry that I feel getting a one month extension is more than fair. The game hasn't even been out a week. You sound like a spoiled brat that always gets what they want. Maybe IW should call the whambulance for you.

Mate, I work hard for what I earn and funnily enough you may well be one of the juvenile muppets I teach 5 days a week.  Get a grip son and find another thread to flame.  That's if mummy and daddy don't cap your internet time before you go to bed you naughty little boy.

Limey wants more than a month for free as compensation = douche

"JayCueBATMAN - Extra prestige token or more double XP would be spot on in my opinion.  Just a little something extra to take the edge off of the let down!"