Well, the Beta Hoppers playlist is coming tommorow...

How do you think it will turn out?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well for me:

1) I'll try and play it.

2A) Not Like it.

2B) Like it.

3)Complain on the Waypoint forums and Xbox forums, insult 343 and Bs Angel and complain about them and wish for Bungie.

Reguardless of how this turns out, I'm going to complain.

The biggest change from the other Halo games to Halo Reach was bloom and armor abilities. Since there has been a classic playlist, that eliminates the use of armor abilities, in Reach’s multiplayer for some time now, I don’t think it will be hard to adjust.  As for bloom... Forerunners help you.

So, how do I think it will go? I think people will forget to use short controlled bursts when using the assault rifle, thus creating more CQB type battles. I suspect the magnum will not be as powerful or have the same size of clips as diehard CE fans would like and the shotgun won’t have the range they remember. I question whether the rockets will still lock on and if they’ll pull the Fuel Rod Gun into the mix of things, seeing as how it was only available in the PC version of Halo CE.

There are so many questions still unanswered making tomorrow a time to game. Hopefully it won’t become a time to place blame.  

Right now, I'm hoping for the best in the playlist, if I do not like it, I'll continue to play Reach as I was before... But don't forget that this is a beta to determine what 343 should make the MM system hopefully it is more balanced than Vanilla Reach.

Wait... I take my post back. Portal 2 DLC is out today! Science is the future, and Science needs me. <3. I'll be a Beta Hopper tomorrow.

Keep in mind that (from what I've gathered from the 343 Weekly Bulletins) with the new settings, Bloom will be set to around 85%. Zero Bloom will not be default, but it will be a gametype selection. So you'll be able to vote for Slayer DMR's with 85% bloom, or you can vote for Zero Bloom Slayer DMR's. They're going to allow us to test the new settings so that they can tweak anything that needs to be tweaked before doing a massive playlist overhaul.

~

I'm just anxious to see how they divide everything. They said that current Reach will be available to those who want it. So does that mean they'll be having every playlist duplicated with new and old settings?

Wait... 343 merged the Premium Playlists togheter... WHAT THE *** IT WAS ALREADY HARD ENOUGH TO GET A GAME OF OBJECTIVE BREAKPOINT GOING BUT NOW I HAVE TO PLAY SLAYER ON YOUR TERRIBLE DEFIANT MAPS AS WELL. I HATE YOU 343i!

_

Did they ruin anything else? :/

I'm sensing some irritation, Speedy :P

And I know very little about these changes, myself, but I've spent my usual time on H3 and a lot of Gears too, rather than even No Bloom Reach :S

Seems like all the games are zero bloom in this playlist. Kinda wanted to see what 85% was like too.

I hope they are all zero bloom or that you can specifically select a zero bloom playlist.  No bloom is a step towards making Halo competitive again.

no its just a step in making Reach turn into Halo 3.