Well, I hit a snafu in becoming a multi-platformer...

My eternal gamertag, the immortal "KingEdRock" is already taken on PSN.  Not sure I can join them now.  What is a jilted xbox fanboy to do???

Seriously though, I've been upgrading my media room in preparation for the new consoles.  Upgraded my network, my receiver, and I'm shopping for a new remote.  My TV has a couple more years left before I upgrade so I'm ok there, and my speakers still kick ***.  But if I can't be KingEdRock on PSN not sure I can join them.  I had to camp xboxlive for years as KingRockEd waiting for KingEdRock to become available again (frustratingly, I owned it on a different account from original xbox but wasn't allowed to transfer it over until like 3 years ago).

I seriously don't know if I can go multi-platform as anything other than KingEdRock.  My grand plan to become a multi-platformer has hit a snag.

Has anybody else become attached to their gamertag like this???  I'm only half joking when I say I'd have trouble gaming under another name.  But I halted my PSN enrollment today when I found out my gamertag is not available.  Who is this imposter!?!?!?!?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Since I changed my gamertag to Major Wreckus, i'm not going to change it ever (love my GT). I'm not going to bother to worry to change my PSN name since I don't use any PlayStation stuff anymore.

Maybe try KingEdRocks and see if it will give you that one on PSN.

[quote user="Major Wreckus"]

Since I changed my gamertag to Major Wreckus, i'm not going to change it ever (love my GT). I'm not going to bother to worry to change my PSN name since I don't use any PlayStation stuff anymore.

Maybe try KingEdRocks and see if it will give you that one on PSN.

[/quote]

It's funny that when it comes down to it, my gamertag has become a part of me.  My online gamer persona.  I know I can do a variation of it on PSN but it really isn't the same.  It literally might cause me to not buy the PS4 after all LOL.

Doesn't PSN has a alert service to let you know when that name comes available to make it your PSN name?

Even coming up with a good XBL gamertag these days is a huge challenge.Everythings taken.

100% agree with you there. I was shocked when Major Wreckus was available at time of changing my gamer tag. It was time to switch from my old gamertag, which was becoming very lame.

@OP...sounds like you need a bit of separation between real life and video games...

-

Your getting in a little deeper than you need to.

[quote user="mgzin66"]

@OP...sounds like you need a bit of separation between real life and video games...

-

Your getting in a little deeper than you need to.

[/quote]

But why?  What is wrong with getting deep?  It is my lifelong hobby.  I have a real life with wife/kids/job, but my entertainment and hobby is gaming.  I spend hours and hours at it.  It is very real.  I see nothing wrong with that.

Why get stuck with a stupid gamertag? Glad I got mine 3 years ago while they still had some left.

There are still plenty of names out there with out having to add X's and O's or numbers in the tag..You just have to be a little creative...I've had so many over the years,one being my actual name at 1st.Then I was Boris the Blade then me and 2 of my other friends changed are names to Jesus Loves Pizza,Jesus Hates Pizza and Jesus hates Jesus(those were fun for a while) Then i settled in on DeliriumBlades and have just stuck with it.People either call me Delirium or Blades in game...So Yes,tags can still be had

KingOnTheFence