Welcome to the Airshow...

... is how I feel on some of the bigger maps when playing CQ..

Don't get me wrong, the adding jets and more choppers is cool but it's getting to the point where you never see a person on foot the these maps.. Most games I'll start off in a tank, take a flag or 2, get in a tank fight and then spend the rest of the round driving around looking for something to do..  If I try to shoot the aircraft I end up getting 100 points for vehicle damage and that's it because the pilot bails out..

I guess if I was into flying I'd feel differantly but you can't honestly say that a game lasting 15min. should end with top killer in the game having 5 kills...

IMO aircraft should go down faster.. This would keep the novice out of the air and only the good pilots would want to fly.. If a guy like me who never flies can spend the entire round in the air and not die or kill anyone there's a problem..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They just need to add more than 12 players on each team.  Maps are to big for only 24 peeps.

Jets don't really add a lot to the overall gameplay, at least I haven't seen it anyway. They're a nice, fun distraction, but they contribute nothing to the battles imo. It wouldn'tt have hurt this game at all if the jets were just left out altogether.

I think this is because ppl dont know how to use them.. Me one of them. i like flying, but if i do, i do nothing what so ever objective wise.

-

BUT..... on youtube there are video's of very good pilots destroying tanks after tanks with the A10 main cannon, and guilded missles. Guess its a matter of time..

i agree, when I'm flying around I don't see anyone taking objectives, me included. but capping objectives isn't as fun as flying around.

I never get the jets, so usually i run in circles out in an open field making airplane noises. It's better for me anyways, as I have a fear of heights that make my skin clammy and smell like burnt nickels.

The only way I could manage to spend the whole round not dying in a plane is to stay far away frm any of the objectives.  as soon as I get up I get locked on, and I don't have flares yet so I get hit 7 times out of 10.  as people rank up in these things it'll change their importance IMO like if did in BC2. the vehicle unlocks show that a good pilot will likely ruin your day.  

[quote user="vibroluxor"]

The only way I could manage to spend the whole round not dying in a plane is to stay far away frm any of the objectives.  as soon as I get up I get locked on, and I don't have flares yet so I get hit 7 times out of 10.  as people rank up in these things it'll change their importance IMO like if did in BC2. the vehicle unlocks show that a good pilot will likely ruin your day.  

[/quote]

Agreed, it's only a matter of time before people start "owning" the battlefield with Jets. Given Skill and Unlocks, there are going to be some really annoying pilots reeking havoc for the "little people" on the ground.

Go to select server set options to infantry, problem solved. there are some light vehicles but no jets that I have seen and only a few choppers. best game mode I feel.

[quote user="Spud 72"]

Jets don't really add a lot to the overall gameplay, at least I haven't seen it anyway. They're a nice, fun distraction, but they contribute nothing to the battles imo. It wouldn'tt have hurt this game at all if the jets were just left out altogether.

[/quote]

I got knifed one time looking up at one of those jets.

[quote user="KIDDETH"]

Go to select server set options to infantry, problem solved. there are some light vehicles but no jets that I have seen and only a few choppers. best game mode I feel.

[/quote]Good point.. I wish I thought of that..