Weight info

this is going to sound stupid but in multiplayer when your choosing your weapons you have a weight limit and it says - then a amount e.g. -140% Power re-charge speed does it mean that the heavier the weapons are the slower the "reload" speed is or is it a slower "recharge" as in using your abilites it takes longer for them to recharge ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think both.

From ME3 manual:

Weight Capacity

Carrying too many weapons will increase cooldown, effectively slowing down how often you can

use powers.

It says recharge speed, which would apply to powers... but I don't think it applies to weapon reload speed.  My question is; Is this a set limit, or will your ability to carry a bit more 'weapon weight' increase at some point? Also, is your weight limit different for each class? Kinda sucks that I got all this extra DLC and other content and the assault rifle(s), especially the N7 Valkyrie are so friggin heavy that I can barely carry much else.

[quote user="A Blue Illusion"]

It says recharge speed, which would apply to powers... but I don't think it applies to weapon reload speed.  My question is; Is this a set limit, or will your ability to carry a bit more 'weapon weight' increase at some point? Also, is your weight limit different for each class? Kinda sucks that I got all this extra DLC and other content and the assault rifle(s), especially the N7 Valkyrie are so friggin heavy that I can barely carry much else.

[/quote]

It's not a set limit. You can use your power points to upgrade how much you can carry. I believe its under the "Fitness" power.

I'm not sure about class limits.

What Pre-order DLC bonus did you get?

In the MP, you can decrease the recharge penalty from weapon weight.  In the demo I had a choice between quite a few weapons (SMGs or pistols) that I could carry without seeing any penalty.  I think (not sure about this) you have to upgrade the fitness attribute to get it though.

[quote user="Bird125"]

It's not a set limit. You can use your power points to upgrade how much you can carry. I believe its under the "Fitness" power.

I'm not sure about class limits.

What Pre-order DLC bonus did you get?

[/quote]

OK thanks. I was kind of hoping that the fitness perk would also allow you to carry more weight in addition to melee strength. Guess I'll have to start investing a few points into it.

[

TBH, I don't know what DLC was related to pre-order and all that. I can tell you that the DLC(s) I got was; the expansion pack with the Prothean level. My wife picked up the game for me and she said they offered it for 10 bucks... I guess it was only part of the limited edition or something, but available separately? Don't know if there are any armor or weapon packs in that or not.  The other pack was the one with the cerberus inferno armor and the M55 Argus assault rifle. Oh and unlocked the armor and chakrum launcher from playing the KOA demo.

You can buy upgrades for your weapons that makes them lighter, which adds to recharge speed. (Lightweight material mod)

Buy better/upgraded versions of a specific weapon that's lighter. (Predator II, Predator VIII, ect.)

You can use points to upgrade a specific power's recharge speed. (cyro blast recharge speed perk)

You can also use points to upgrade a specific character's carrying limit. (weight limit perk)

And last, you can use points to decrease the weight limit of a specific weapon class for each character. (Decrease sniper rifles weight limit by 30% perk)

All of those add to recharge speed. You can have powers which you can use every ten seconds to have you using your powers every 2 seconds. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

When I started the demo I quickly realized I tend to lean toward using the Assault Rifle all the time so... More Biotics for me please. It's just carry a light back up SMG because I have to. If I'm having to fall back to using my SMG I'm having a bad day anyway.