Weapon Prestiege, what does it do?

What are the benifits of prestieging my weapon? I clicked it by a mistake and the only difference is can tell is that it's taken all my attachments away....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Rewards for prestiging a weapon are purely cosmetic. At 1st prestige you can add your clan tag to your weapon, at 2nd prestige you can add your emblem to it & upon completing the 2nd prestige you get a new calling card.

-

NOTE: camos do NOT reset when you prestige your weapon, you only lose its attachments.

^^After prestiging the weapon twice, I think it may also unlock secret camos, not totally sure though. You also get to reearn attachment XP when prestiging weapons.

Also when you prestige, your attachments are reset like rehab said but that allows you to get extra Xperia for earning the attachments again. So not all cosmetic, you can earn more xp which will help level you up.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

^^After prestiging the weapon twice, I think it may also unlock secret camos, not totally sure though. You also get to reearn attachment XP when prestiging weapons.

[/quote]

The only "secret camo" I'm aware of is Diamond and--as far I've heard--it's only available on the Assault Shield, Ballistics Knife, Crossbow, & Combat Knife.

Not true.

Saw it on a shotgun and sniper last night.

^^Yeah, Im not sure. I think diamond is available on every weapon, but you have to obtain gold on every weapon in that class to get it. Example--Get every SMG gold and diamond is unlocked.