Weapon Nerf Notes

Someone posted this on the UK General Xbox Discossion's Battlefield 3 thread.

Thought I'd share.

http://symthic.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=471

In a nutshell, the FAMAS is getting buffed (yeah, you read that right BUFFED) and the PDW's will get NERFED. 

G3A3 is getting buffed.
Most of the LMGs are having their minimum damage buffed.
M98B is getting nerfed.
12G Slug ammo is getting buffed
12G Buckshot/Flechette ammo is getting nerfed (to stupidity Buckshot is going from 20 max damage to 12.4 but they buffed the range so it's cool...not)

It's not the full list and it might change, but it gives a good idea of what DICE are doing....breaking the game more.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not sure why buck is getting nerfed. Also, kind of odd that the bolt action sniper rifles are all going to basically be the same. Sounds like it'll be a huge sniper fest soon if these changes all make it. They did say it will change depending on community feedback, so let's hope most of the community speaks up about the pretty bad changes.

Oh and the Frag rounds in the 870 MCS are getting BUFFED.  

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

Not sure why buck is getting nerfed. Also, kind of odd that the bolt action sniper rifles are all going to basically be the same. Sounds like it'll be a huge sniper fest soon if these changes all make it. They did say it will change depending on community feedback, so let's hope most of the community speaks up about the pretty bad changes.

[/quote]

Me either.  Buckshot has an effective range of about 10m and even at that range, it's a two hit kill on someone who has 100% health.

I'm not sure why they're fiddling with weapons that no one uses.  I have 4 kills with the AN-94 and about the same amount of deaths from it.  Literally no one uses it so why are they buffing the recoil?

I've been seeing people pick it up increasingly more-so lately. I don't really know why, but I guess it's okay? The only thing I find extremely odd is them re-buffing the SCAR, it looks like. At first it was dealing too much damage, so they nerfed it, everyone moved on. Now they're changing it back or close to it? I'm not sure why. I never used it, so I can't really tell what was so great or bad about it.

SCAR-H was the carbine of choice.  It was the USAS-Frags of the pre-B2K days.  I think they over nerfed it though because the only peope you see with it outside of TDM are level 5 newbies who've just unlocked it.  There's about 4 or 5 carbines which are better than the SCAR-H now (G36C, A-91, M4A1, G53, and probably that other B2K gun).  Maybe they've realised they've over nerfed it and want to buff it a bit, but not to it's former glory?

The G3A3 is another they nerfed in the last patch which seems to be getting a buff.

I'm wondering why they're buffing the FAMAS though?  That gun is already pretty powerful due to it's high ROF.  Doesn't make sense to buff it.  That's backwards logic.

It's possible that they didn't mean to buff the FAMAS as much as it is with those notes. I think they may have unintentionally been roping all ARs in together but forgot to exclude the FAMAS from the bunch. It's probable. I do think that if enough people say something about it, they'll take a closer look at the rifle and maybe make proper adjustments to fit it in better. I do think it hits bit hard for how fast it fires, but it still doesn't bother me as much as I guess it should.

These changes all seem pretty subtle.  Most of the buffs are just to min damage, so we should only feel differences at 30+ meters.  

@Prae, I think you might find the change to buckshot a positive, because it basically will double the 1 shot kill range with the 870.

Personally, I'll probably switch to the L96 over the M98, and might have to do the coop so I can get the G3.

I wonder why they didn't post it in Battlelog instead...

Probably because it isn't finalized yet. They're still looking for feedback, I hope, and wanting to make any last minute changes, possibly. That's my guess.

They could of said it was a preview of what to come like the last patch.