Weapon DAM Goes Down?

While playing fallout new vegas, I was using my medicine stick and the damage was really low for some reason. Then when I change my ammo and go to check my weapon DAM it shows what he weapon DAM should be. But if I switch back to the original ammo, it shows all of my weapons to have a really low damage for reason. For example, when I have my magnum out using regular ammo, I go to check the damage and it is really low and check my other weapons and they have really low damage. Then when I switch my ammo it shows what it should be. Anyone help?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

[quote user="REER Pinkie Pie"]

While playing fallout new vegas, I was using my medicine stick and the damage was really low for some reason. Then when I change my ammo and go to check my weapon DAM it shows what he weapon DAM should be. But if I switch back to the original ammo, it shows all of my weapons to have a really low damage for reason. For example, when I have my magnum out using regular ammo, I go to check the damage and it is really low and check my other weapons and they have really low damage. Then when I switch my ammo it shows what it should be. Anyone help?

[/quote]Check the gun's condition and make sure it's not really low.  Also check to make sure that your skills haven't suffered some penalty that would reduce damage.  The info screen for your weapons also changes between DAM and DPS, and the latter is sometimes lower than the former.  Also, what type of ammo are you using specifically?

I don't know then, but that's weird.  My recommendation is to check the wiki and see if there's a workaround, or if it's a well-known glitch

Yeah I'm sure, for some reason when I switch to hollow point rounds it shows what my weapons would be with my gun and melee weapons skills at 100, but when I switch back to normal rounds it shows what they would be without them.

Are you sure it's the correct damage and not just increased damage?  I'm pretty sure hollow points rounds do more damage but have less penetration (which might make the DPS go down)

It actually happens to all my guns, for the ammo, when I switch to Hollow Point rounds the damage shown on the Pip-Boy is normal, but when I use regular it drastically goes down by more than half. The same case goes for my all my other weapons too, If I change one of my guns to use hollow point rounds, all of my weapons have the correct damage, every time I use regular rounds all the damage for all my weapons goes drastically down. Also all my weapons are fully repaired, full condition.

Hollowpoint bullets add a ridiculous damage multiplier... it could be a glitch if the decrease when using normal ammo is too severe, but it's more likely to be normal. They're not even amazing bullets... if you happen to have some, hey, cool, but any extra damage they do tends to be unnecessary.

if your guns kills him dont worry, it dosent do any damage use a different gun

It's working as it is supposed to.

fallout.wikia.com/.../Fallout:_New_Vegas_ammunition

Hollow point ammo increases damage, but negates less DT.

[quote user="REER Pinkie Pie"]

Can't really find anything on it :/

[/quote]I don't know then.  Try clearing your cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, or start a new game and see if it's just your save file

Can't really find anything on it :/