We've Lost your TV signal

Haven been getting this off and on since I got my xbox near release. It's usually fixed itself, but for the last couple months it has crapped out entirely.

I'm using the Xbox high speed HDMI cable to go from HDMI IN to my, TV. I have also tried 3 other cables, and no go.

I've tried factory resetting, and making sure my STB settings are all correct a few times as well.

The odd thing is if I pull the cable out slightly the picture and audio come back, except it flickers. If the cable is seated properly I can't get a signal. I;ve contacted Microsoft support a few times and I keep getting a runaround. They even managed to screw up a Advanced Exchange Service for me.

I'm at a loss here guys, any suggestions? Everything else works just fine, just not Live TV, which was one of the things I actually bought the One for lol.

I'm actually wondering if the HDMI IN port is bad on my system. It's the only thing I can think of, and Microsoft couldn't even do an exchange correctly.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 250 Applies to:

Hey there, Resvon! Sorry to see any issues with Live TV. This thread is a little old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had this problem since Day One. I've tried all new cables. I've tried new cables boxes (all Comcast/Motorola). I've posted on support forums (never once got a reply). I've even shipped my X1 back to Microsoft to be "repaired". The problem persists. Some weeks it's better than others. More recently it's been worse. Here's what I've learned: It's Microsoft. Either their software or their hardware. But it's Microsoft. If it take the X1 out of the equation, my TV works flawlessly. For weeks at a time. No sign of problem.

The fix (aside from unplugging your X1): when turning on your X1 and seeing the TV app displaying "Your TV signal was lost...", turn off your cable box. Then, shutdown your TV application (highlight app, push menu button, select quit). Then turn your cable box back on. Then restart your TV application. This almost always works on the first try but I have had to do it a few times on particularly annoying days. If your DVR happens to be recording something at the time. Too bad. You'll have to try later since you can't power it off while it's recording.

It's beyond frustrating that this is required to make a hardware device work. It's so persistently bad that my 2-year old son now has the routine of saying "xbox on. watch tv. oh no. it's broken again. what happened?"  Not exactly the advertising campaign I suspect Microsoft had in mind.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have. the cable cant go in any farther, and putting something under the cable to support it does nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with Live TV. Have you tried pushing in the cable real hard to make sure you have a good connection? If so, sounds like the connection on the back of the One, HDMI, is somehow loose or the bracket is broken. I know when I wiggle the cable it does the same thing. Try putting something right under the HDMI cable right at the connection to your XBOX One to push it harder into place so it doesn't move. Please let us know if this helped and good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.