We Want Oddworld on XBLA

A discussion for those who feel that Oddworld games should be brought to the 360.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally, I would love to have all of the Oddworld games on XBLA. I think it is a particular injustice that PS3 users can download and play the new Stranger's Wrath HD when Stranger was an original Xbox title. I want Oddworld. Will pay the moolah. Do it!

Oh lets remake old games, never mind about making new games.

-

This is turning into a pathetic cycle, when the new system comes out  no doubt you will be asking for old 360 games to be remade.

-

If you want to play oddworld go and buy a ps1 or get an emulator for the pc simple.

The bad thing about old games is that not many people want to play them online, so you can never get all the achievements you want. Not that it matters, cause you don't get anything for raising your game score.

Umm...some old games don't have nor need multilpayer.  

Oddworld didn't.  

But yeah, remakes are the new black.

I don't want it.

Might not be what you're looking for here, but if your PC can run them, Steam has Abe's Exoddus, Oddysee, Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath bundled together and it's currently 75% off for $3.74.

-

Personally I would like to have them on XBLA as well though simply for achievements. Stranger's Wrath already got remade but it's on PSN only I believe however they're trying to get it ported to the 360.

I want it!

Lol at the people who wasted their time just to post that they weren't interested.

Old games get re-ported all the time. Old systems wear out, and old Playstation discs wear out. Getting to replay your favorite games with updated graphics and new easter eggs and cutscenes is awesome. Even without a remake, a port with achievements for a game you would replay anyway is fun too.

Anyway, who cares if my ports aren't online compatible? I have loads of arcade games I play alone-- Plants vs Zombies, Deathspank (all of them), Earthworm Jim HD, Galaga (a game that is older than me that still has replay value), and Bastion just to name a few.

Plus, Hand of Odd, an unfinished Oddworld game, was designed for unique online multiplayer play. It would be nice to get a game like that on 360 if it happens to be one of the projects JAW (the developer responsible for Stranger HD) is working on with Oddworld Inhabitants.

I actually bough Abe's Oddysee on PSN.

It could give younger folks a chance to play a great game they have otherwise skipped.  On the other hand, it's usually just people that played it originally that buy them.

I never played them back on whatever system they came out on. But after many years of hearing about the game being so epic, I'd love to try it. However, I primarily game on my Xbox. I dunno. Part of it is the fact that I have invested so much time into it, I prefer gaming on it rather than on computer or my Wii.  And the lack of a Playstation 3 prevents me from trying. All cuz the arcade game is over 2gb xbox won't let it be on its marketplace. Kinda stupid if u ask me.

But Section 8 was 2gb, then they released an addon part of the game later for a little more. Maybe the developers could do that? Kinda like a episodic thing?