We need some fixes to Halo 4

My first problem with Halo 4 is how Team Snipers got dropped after a week. I know they said it is coming back February but is that for good? That being said I don't like them trimming playlists because it limits a player. We still have no Action Sack or Grifball. My second is how there is no 1-50 rank system. I hated when Halo implemented the generic no-skill ranking system that plague all multiplayer games. I feel like the ranking system before was so much better because rank was earned off wins more than personal gain. But now that pardigm has been flipped to benefit the selfish player who plays CTF for kills and not objective. My third is about active camo. It is entirely unbalanced. I have tested what I have seen and notice you do not uncloak when crouch shooting or crouch walk and this means a corner camper or sniper has an instant advantage. I just wish it was an ordinance drop like OS or X2 Damge or Speed Boost.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Capt Yesterday"]I have tested what I have seen and notice you do not uncloak when crouch shooting or crouch walk[/quote]Thats how its supposed to work... without that the ability would be useless. What good is it if you're still visible to anyone with half decent vision?

I really think they simply need to add a classic playlist. I personally hate all the armor abilities and perks. I like the simplicity of everyone starting the same way. I hate sprint in swat, thruster packs in infection, then ordinances, stickies, and the bolt shot in slayer. I don't think a patch or slight change would help me keep interest in halo. Please don't take this the wrong way not trying to start a flame war.

The trade off to cloak is, the radar with the blue dots and shooting a weapon increases your visibility. How is it balanced for someone with cloak and crouch sniping to keep cloaked when shooting on a BTB map? It isn't. Armor Abilities are meant to aid players but involve them sacrificing something as well(a trade-off).  If I use Regen I gain health but blur in vision making long distance head shots tougher. If I use Hardlight Shield, I lose the ability to gain shields while it is active. If I use the turret, I freeze during its spawn leaving me vulnerable. Now if I use cloak on a map like Exile and am sniping I have total advantage because I don't risk being seen by anyone during my shot if I'm crouched, which every sniper is. Sure there are the blue radar blips but what do those matter during a BTB range attack? Nothing. Everything that cloak is would be acceptable like the days of Halo 1,2,3 if it were a power-up and not a regenerative ability that has infinite use.  That is the key difference and has been my complaint since the Reach launch. If you were cloaked during the pre-Reach days it meant, "Act fast and make use of the cloak." Not, "Grab a weapon and go camp kill and then when it runs out go hide until your AA bar has refilled." Simply, cloak is a spam-abused AA just like a noob tube in the terrible CoD.

Nearly every gun in the game leaves a bullet trail...

Doesn't make long-range Camo balanced, particularly not with how easy it is to snipe in H4.

Camo and Jetpack do something Halo has never been about: they bypass the combat, the encounter, and get straight to the reward. That isn't right and to be honest, Camo should be a drop and Jetpack pretty much shouldn't exist.

ChainSmokingBob speaks the truth and is clearly a fan since the best Halo (which would be 2). Jetpack I hate to. But I shoot accurate so they make themselves into a mini-game of duck hunt. Plus jetpack does engage the 360 degrees battlefield that has made Halo since the beginning.

Jetpack just breaks so many maps. And camo perhaps isn't overpowered, but man does it ruin the flow of combat.

It is a pain defending against jetpackers in CTF.

I can see Camo easily lol, never works on me. Not sure what's the issue with Jetpack.... It may get shortcuts but you lose concentration to aim if you fly up. But I only play Dominion/Slayer/Doubles/Griffball.

I just think if they will have these things like AA's, we need the Halo 3 set up and have equipment spawns instead.  I just really wish the 1-50 ranks would come back