We need more interactive/creative maps

The maps now are alright I guess but they get old fast, we need some more creative and interactive maps. One idea I have for a map would be a map that starts on a ship out in the ocean and as the game goes on, the ship crashes into the docks and the players are able to get off the boat and fight on the docks. Something along the lines of this would be great.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That doesnt sound like a bad idea.

"Happy Drinking"

That sounds more like a mission than an actual map. Still cool but doesn't seem practical for an MP map. They did a little of the interactive maps in the first blops. I hope to see a little more of that too.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

[quote user="bowski477"]

That sounds more like a mission than an actual map. Still cool but doesn't seem practical for an MP map. They did a little of the interactive maps in the first blops. I hope to see a little more of that too.

[/quote]

I mean it's definitely possible, I kinda stole my idea from an old game. In Twisted Metal Black for the ps2, they had a multiplayer map like the one I suggested above with the ship, and it was awesome. And if an old ps2 game is capable of having something like that in multiplayer then I don't see why they wouldn't be able to have it now haha

[quote user="bowski477"]

[/quote]

maybe if they dont think so practical maybe we'll get some new and interesting maps.

[quote user="EM1 B16A2"]

[quote user="bowski477"]

[/quote]

maybe if they dont think so practical maybe we'll get some new and interesting maps.

[/quote]

I think no matter what they do they will never satisfy everyone. They have to think practical, it's a business. If they spend all the time and energy into a few maps like that it takes away from the game in the sense that there won't be as many. Don't forget there's a limit to what they ship on the disk. Not a ton of space when you think about what it will have on it. 

-

Personally I'd rather have more good maps that are not interactive than a few good maps that are. But to each their own. 

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

what do you think of this Idea. say you start in nuke town, then after some time say 1 or 2 min. of play everyone is transported to another map, say Berlin, then after another minute or so your transported again to another map and so on untill game over. totally random so you have no Idea where your going to be transported to. this might save on spawn trapping.

you could even throw in a zombie map, than everyone would be on the same team while in that map getting kills and points. than be transported to a non zombie map where you would go back to killing each other.

Interesting idea, I could see how that could be fun, a map that changes throughout the time limit? I like the boat idea, another idea could be a giant plane that lands halfway through the match and you are able to exit the plane and play out side, or in the airport. I also like the idea of the maps changing to another map every so often, it could be like a special mode.

i remember suggesting this before black ops and everyone was like yeah....no. I still like the idea though.

How would Domination or CTF work on a movable Map like a Boat that eventually crashes into some Docks?  Would one side start on the Boat and the other side start on the Docks?  How would the flags be positioned? Also it would get stale eventually as everyone knows the boat is going to crash....

How about we use the same example (Boat) or ship.. but instead we have high seas and wind.. and the boat is rocking from side to side (or front to back) .. and changes while the game progresses?  Or you could have the Boat SLOWLY sink,ect... I just do not think a boat crashing into the docks would be a good map (although a background boat crashing into the docks would be some cool flavor text... just like how the Rocket went up in the First Black Ops game,ect)