WE NEED CHANGE!

I am enraged that we have to pay for our subscriptions and we can't even be treated with the right respect. Go into any game on either Call of Duty World at War, or Call of Duty Modern Warfare and you will see the game is unplayable because of the mods and spam messages happening on the screen. It is solely XBOX LIVE's job to do something about it and come up with a new patch or remove the websites which cause these sort of problems in the first place. We, the customers, need change in this community which we call XBOX LIVE and be treated as royalty because after all the customer is always right, especially when they pay for "unmatched" services. XBLPETS, do not send me a reply with a link to activision, treyarch, or infinity ward's websites and say it is their responsibility, because they will only say it's your responsibility to ban the players. I ask that you work in co-operation with these companies and execute a patch and ban all those responsible as well as shutting down the websites. Remember. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Microsoft are banning the accounts of everyone they catch using the infections in WaW. Also it is not their responsibility to patch the game, that does lie with the developer (Treyarch in this case), in fact Microsoft are legally not allowed to patch another companies games.

Ps. As a former retail worker, I can say for sure that the customer is not always right.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A customer once insisted to me that Multi Racing Championship on the N64 was the best driving game ever made. Another customer was also adamant that you could play Resistance 2, Motorstorm and Killzone on the Wii. Kinda puts a hole or two in your "the customer is always right" theory doesn't it?

Sorry this didn't help.

So you are enraged at MS because you have to pay a subscription fee to play online on XBL but you are not enraged at the Game Developer for not fixing their game(s) to disallow the use of cheats/mods?

Actually Activision admits it is their issue or at the very least that it is an issue and they are working on it. If it wasn't their responsibility, why would they say they are working on it? My online play options have been grayed out after being in a hacked Nazi Zombie server.

The only thing MS can do is permanently ban players for hosting, advertising and/or participating in infected lobbies, of which they do each and every day. However the problem will still remain so long as the Game Developer does not address the issue on their end via a patch for the game being affected. MS is doing their part, proof of that can be seen in the My Live Account was Suspended. Now the GD needs to step up and show the community they still care and we aren't wasting our money on their products.

Activision has already made it very clear, through their lack of action, that they are no longer supporting their previous titles in regards to the Call of Duty series. Otherwise they would have patched them by now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so I took it upon myself to contact Activision via e-mail on 08-01-2011. Here is my query to them:

Who is responsible for fixing the rampant cheats/mods in this game?

People are being de-ranked and unable to play the game online without being invited by a friend.

I would think that the Game Developer would be the responsible party since it is their game code that is being altered to allow these cheats/mods to happen.

If the Game Developer isn't willing to fix their game to disallow the use of said cheats/mods then the very least they should do is shutdown the online portion of the unplayable game. Then reduce the price of the game and the DLC to compensate for the consumer not being able to access or use it.

Sure people could still play the game online but run a very high risk, over 75% of being de-ranked and unable to play online unless invited. Doesn't seem fair to me.

So, I guess the question is who is going to fix the problems and if not, why not? Where can I get a 50% refund for my half unplayable game?

And several days later (08-08-2011), here is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting Activision Technical Support!

Unfortunately, Activision does not have the means nor the ability to restore anyone's account at this particular moment.
We have an ongoing investigation into issues that are similar to yours and we hope a prevention or restoration system can be processed.

When you join a modded or wrong server, please immediately disconnect from it and join a new server and/or game type.
I have forwarded the data to my supervisor who will send it to the proper departments for their investigation on this matter.

You should be able to play in online multiplayer and Nazi Zombie matches by friend and recent player invites.

Any updates to this issue may be posted on the World at War official website at http://www.callofduty.com/codww.

Thanks!

So, here we have Activision acknowledging that there are issues and that they are attempting to address them. As they should since they are the ones who are just as responsible as Treyarch/Infinity Ward for fixing their game(s). Now we just have to hope they are actually trying to do something or just blowing smoke hoping no one will notice once the next Call of Duty comes out.

Sorry this didn't help.