We MIGHT change the ending...

From Mass Effects statues update:

We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans  to change the ending.

I like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending.

You feedbacks and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive.

Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Queen x HunT3r"]

From Mass Effects statues update:

We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans  to change the ending.

I like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending.

You feedbacks and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

My thoughts are that there's still no news from the sound of it. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the ending, I love the theories because of the open-ended style, but I didn't really feel satisfied with it.

I got the yellow colour that destroyed all organics in the galaxy? i was really sad i accidently did that because the path to the good side was missing i fell to my death...

[quote user="VoyagerJames"]

I got the yellow colour that destroyed all organics in the galaxy? i was really sad i accidently did that because the path to the good side was missing i fell to my death...

[/quote]

Yellow color?

[quote user="Queen x HunT3r"]

[quote user="VoyagerJames"]

[/quote]

Yellow color?

[/quote]

It sounds like the Synthasis ending, though my color was green. And in all Honesty there is no "good" ending. Something huge is lost in almost all of the endings the least of which is the ability to travel the stars as we once did.

Ever think that the ending was on purpose to re-write the ending and throw it in with more MP maps and characters and make it DLC ? Maybe I just see the worst in companies but a friend told me that all of what I mentioned above is going to be released in a couple of weeks...if that is true then to me that "new ending" has been already written, of course I cant confirm any of that, but will be interesting when the new mp maps and characters come out if there is a new ending in it, will wait and see. Peace.

It's simple really. Either they do something to sort the ending or I don't buy any DLC. Why would I buy DLC when I'd still be left with the same ending that takes none of my choices into account nor does it give me any kind of epilogue. It's not like people are asking for a "happy" ending like some think. They're asking for the ending they were promised.

they will probably keep saying this for a couple months till people stop complaining about it

[quote user="REPULSIVE TACO"]

they will probably keep saying this for a couple months till people stop complaining about it

[/quote]

Elaborating on that a little... They'll keep saying it, but DO NOTHING about it until it starts affecting their bottom line, which is $.  Really, it's just that simple. The internet has made it so easy for people to get their opinions, complaints and praises heard, that most companies could care less about complaints. It's easy enough for them to throw their hands up and say "there will always be complaints... you can't please everyone."  But as long as people keep playing the game and buying DLC for it, why should they care?

It's like telling a chef that his pie is crappy while you continue to stuff your face with it and buy another slice when your plate is empty. Why would the chef bother investing the time, effort and cost to change the recipe if the customers keep eating and buying slices of pie?

I promise you, if people finish their play-throughs and just quit playing / buying DLC, they will see all that potential profit slowly gurgling down the drain and THAT will get their attention.  It shouldn't be all that hard to do, if we're all really that unhappy about the ending. I know it certainly won't be hard for me.  I had a save for all 6 classes in ME 2, thinking that each character would get a different ending as long as I made different choices. After my first play through (and all the internet buzz)  I'm doing a 2nd play-through as a different gender just to see the differences and that will be it for me.  What motivation do I have to finish the other saves anyway?

DLC? Sorry, I'm not investing any more $ into something that failed so miserably to deliver on promises...

See thats the simple truth in it.  If you feel cheated by the game quit playing and convince others who feel the same way to quit playing. Dont buy anything else from bioware just go find something else to do. Imm back to playing skyrim on my pc and im probably not picking mass effect 3 up again unless something truly worthy comes out for it because well since beating it once has just ruined everything for me.

SPOILERS:

If they change the ending the following choices from ME1 & ME2 will still be rendered meaningless by the story of ME3:

-Human Councilor

-Geth Rewrite

-Reaper Tech on Collector Base

-Maelon's Data

-Rachni Queen

-Quarian War w/ Geth advise at end of Tali's trial

-etc, etc, etc

Seriously, WHAT WILL CHANGING THE ENDING ACCOMPLISH? NO choice matters leading up to the ending of 3, so what's the point of changing the ending? Udina is still the councilor in 3 regardless of who you choose in 1. The geth still get controlled by the Reapers & then offer to help you in 3 regardless of what you do in 2.  TIM still gets the Reaper tech in 3 regardless of whether or not you destoryed the Collector base in 2. You can still cure the Genophage if you destoryoed Maelon's research data in 2. The Krogan still unify in 3 even if they weren't unified in 2 because Wrex died in 1. The Reapers still get Rachni even if you killed the Queen in 1. The Quarians still go to war with the Geth even if you told them not to in 2. Changing the ending changes NONE of that. If our choices NEVER mattered in 3 leading up to the ending how the *** do you people expect them to matter in some new magical ending?

EDIT:

And,don't tell me I'm wrong about anything I've written. I've played ME3 twice and experienced both sides of every choice outlined above -- my games were EXACTLY the same aside from various NPCs living or dying.