we have a prob in gaming...a huge one

im talking for all platforms alot of games now n days are loosing there uniqueness alls im seein is cover system cover system cover system...i understand games evolving but when u take away what makes that one game unique...that's BAD take example...PS3 and socom4......socom 4 FAILED BADLY and why?? cus they F'ed up the games origenal formula...and a games formula is what makes that franchise...unique...rainbow six vegas was good...but the third one was THE BEST.

also the new ghost recon it LOOKS cool...but its basicaly not even ghost recon any more...its blending in with outher shooters

i call this the COPY / PAST effect

atless in the new CS GO they dident add a cover system lol cs remains to be a good unique game that dont need a cover system..and even its a newer game it has NEVER....EVER..EVER left its roots.

a good dev knows how to make good next gen changes without killing off the great formula that made the game so great. that gos for halo as well...shure some thangs have changed but when i play reach...it feels like a halo game get me?

i feel that this is a prob that needs to be addressed talked about...and fixed. in a way i hope the gaming indistry dose crashes then every one will know to LISSION TO THE VETS lission to the people...zipper is a EPIC failure for not hearing the people and vets alike

go to www.socom.com LOOK ON THE FOURMS ...nothing but neg posts threads saying WHY THE HELL U PUT THAT IN THIS GAME??? or FIX THIS S*** or WTF ZIPPER.. go there u guys will see what im talking about.

post your comments i hope u guys see this issue as well...i know i wont be geting the new graw

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="swiff84"]

im talking for all platforms alot of games now n days are loosing there uniqueness alls im seein is cover system cover system cover system...i understand games evolving but when u take away what makes that one game unique...that's BAD take example...PS3 and socom4......socom 4 FAILED BADLY and why?? cus they F'ed up the games origenal formula...and a games formula is what makes that franchise...unique...rainbow six vegas was good...but the third one was THE BEST.

also the new ghost recon it LOOKS cool...but its basicaly not even ghost recon any more...its blending in with outher shooters

i call this the COPY / PAST effect

atless in the new CS GO they dident add a cover system lol cs remains to be a good unique game that dont need a cover system..and even its a newer game it has NEVER....EVER..EVER left its roots.

a good dev knows how to make good next gen changes without killing off the great formula that made the game so great. that gos for halo as well...shure some thangs have changed but when i play reach...it feels like a halo game get me?

i feel that this is a prob that needs to be addressed talked about...and fixed. in a way i hope the gaming indistry dose crashes then every one will know to LISSION TO THE VETS lission to the people...zipper is a EPIC failure for not hearing the people and vets alike

go to www.socom.com LOOK ON THE FOURMS ...nothing but neg posts threads saying WHY THE HELL U PUT THAT IN THIS GAME??? or FIX THIS S*** or WTF ZIPPER.. go there u guys will see what im talking about.

post your comments i hope u guys see this issue as well...i know i wont be geting the new graw

[/quote]

Everybody wants to be the next "insert huge successful title here" When developers stop trying to make their games something their not things might get better.

And lets work on your spelling buddy

It sounds like (from what little i could read) that you arent old enough to know much about the evolution of gaming and what was. Gamers today are spoiled with options, customization and free play. It used to be about the experience the story the game offered.--Now its about what freedoms the player can choose from. Freedom in games is great, but the problem is the same 90% bulk of the douchy gamers. They all play the same thing and buy the same kind of games... then whine because there is little difference between them. Don't get me wrong, today's games are giant leaps and bound forward from the classics (even from last gen games), but most of my personal gripes with today's games are the gimmicks the developers aim toward the casual gamer and the tryhard gamer.

26 btw but yea new games take NO skill..

Must.... not....flame....

flame for miss spells..hhmmm what do u do in your spare time?

roper is a mod at the socom fourms this is what some one posted

Hey Roper

Me again. listen i'm begging you please tell the guys to lower the minimum number of players it takes to start a game. ive been trying to play all day but i can only get in a suppression. I'M SICK OF SUPPRESSION. i want to play medley but can't cause there's never enough guys. like today, went to a medley and 18 yes 18 playes showed, three fn minutes go by everyone's waiting for 2 guys to show 2 GUYS! nothing. after the three minutes everone left. hell in fact i'm writing this while waiting for a FN MEDLEY now. i know there is a patch but we don't get any info on it, so please PLEASE change the minimum to start a game. I WANT MY "TACTICAL SHOOTER"  GAME BACK! not some cod rip off. ........................wait its starting.                  ( 2h 37m later) just got done playing my medley and it was amazing. the Zip and i played with and against each other and had a blast. got a recruit too. anyway my point being,we as gamers shouldn't have to wait so long for a game. i love my socom and always will but HURRY UP on the dam patch. those smg's are ridiculous.

always with support    

[NBK]Psychotic-D

also one of the large voices in the socom community had somthing to say Just an FYI, I think the new SONY mods are really trying to understand our community. As a favor, I would ask some of you that are still active on SOCOM.com to give them a chance if you care. I don't think they are part of "the conspiracy" lol, and are really trying to help. Here's a little convo I had earlier today...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sushi_Pirate wrote:
Interesting post Luk, and while I can't speak for the gameplay and development I can say from my team's point of view we are trying to keep discussion lively but constructive whenever possible.

We feel that the essence of a forum is the ability to share experiences both good and bad with others who share the same passion/interest as yourself. Additionally with that in order to keep that open atmosphere the sharing has to be kept at a level that no one feels as through they are being attacked personally for their views/beliefs.

We would like to see this core idea/belief to be understood by more people on the forums and realize it can be a bit of a learning process especially when you have a group of individuals who feel disenfranchised.

As to specific forum bugs, I have another meeting with the engineers early next week but last I heard they were quite close to fixing the specific bugs which have been effecting the MAG & SOCOM forums since integration, though I'll know more next week.

Lastly, while thinking over what you said it did spark a question for me in my mind, and I'd encourage anyone interested to take a look at my question here: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3889863

Thanks,

-SP
Sushi,

-----------------------------------------------------------
LUKENBACHER wrote:

First off, thanks for reading. This community is not easy to assess, and I have the feeling that some of the SONY mods are a bit intrigued by this forum. I have also seen a deeper willingness to "reach out" in recent weeks which I view as a good sign from your staff. We aren't ones for warm welcomes because we have seen many a mods/"gaming reps" come and go throughout the years, so forgive us for taking so long to open up.

Secondly, I would love to answer your question and give you a dynamite response in your thread. But the thing is, I'm inclined to link incredible threads that have already been written for examples throughout the years. Ironically enough, that is a very difficult process with the state of the forums right now. Our fanbase's history is pretty much unaccessible at the moment. We have typed everything there is to know about SOCOM. Which features work, which ones don't, and our opinions on everything from game modes & maps, all the way to finer details by the truck load that you could read everyday for the next 2 years and not cover it all. (and we've done this for each and every SOCOM that has been released) It's getting to the point, where the SOCOM forums are not worth investing that kind of time again and again. I for one would rather make podcasts, videos, and host my own articles, because I know they aren't going anywhere and can be referenced years from now if needed.

And any entity that is careless with hundreds of thousands of hours worth of heart felt investments on these boards is one cold cat. Seeing this forum in the last 3 months was like watching half a library with rare and one of a kind books burn to the ground. People have poured their heart and soul on these boards. Our community built the ultimate database for ANY developer and publisher to read regarding the demise of this franchise and how to save it. And we offered a lot more than just criticism as well. This was our ecosystem outside of the in-game interactions. A digital coral reef if you will, that is dying away as we speak...

And at this point, we have been absolutely disarmed in that regard. It's definitely a slap in the face if you ask me. It's no surprise that conspiracy theoriests out there feel like that was done on purpose, in some kind of attempt to give us all a dose of "e-riddlin" to calm the masses. Time and time again, this franchise continues to change and revamp itself, all the while the fanbase cries for simplicity.

We have watched this series become riddled with crappy launches, incomplete retail versions that require months of patching, subpar marketing & advertising, inabilities to thwart hacking, and a bigger list I could rant on for another 3 paragraphs. Our franchise has alienated us, and now our communication channels to address it have been hindered as well. Whether this has all been intentional or not, this community is finally losing the will to carry on. I don't forsee the forum empire being rebuilt if our old threads are truly gone for good, or remain unaccessible. What's the point?
This is a big problem if a company out there doesn't want to see this happen. It's not our doing as a fanbase, therefore, we can't really fix it. But we sure try the best we can anyways...

At this stage in the game, what the new mods are witnessing are EXTREME gaming fanatics having their addiction ripped from their hands. And there doesn't seem to be any clear reasons why this should take place from our standpoint. From a community aspect, it's counter productive. More longtime fans are leaving, than "new fans" are joining. From a business standpoint, the sales speak for themselves do they not? Almost a decade of loyalty, thousands of $$$'s spent by each of us, the greatest online network of clans gaming has ever seen, has now transformed much like the game. We were once some of the most "mega hardcore" gamers found on any console, and now we have "revamped" into one ****** off mob.
Do you blame us?

I will add I have been a fan for a LONG time. I've read probably over half a million posts on these boards. I have been to Zipper's studios and visited with a lot of the devs. I have written countless articles, recorded podcasts, made videos, built websites, and have even volunteered for a contract for the same publisher that I blame for a lot of my frustrations. And I can tell you, that coupled with the history of SOCOM paints a pretty clear picture from my stand point.

Alot of "small people" really care about this franchise. And no matter what we do, there is a handful of decision makers somewhere out there that could care less.

The problem is beyond me, beyond you, beyond this community, and beyond half of Zipper. And our fanbase may have never fully understood all this if we hadn't dug so deep.

What I have typed up above resonates with a large core of the SOCOM community. There is a lighter side that views all this as just a game, and doesn't take all this that serious. But those people also haven't devoted almost a decade of their life defining what SOCOM is. I may sound arrogant saying this, but this Community defines what SOCOM is. Not the dev, not the publisher, and not even the disc itself. The gamers who buy SOCOM, build the online communtities, keep the franchise alive, and create the opportunity for a business to make money define it. And the day someone tried to remove that control from our hands, was the day they quit making so much money. Plain & simple.

There's only two solutions to our community's problem. Bring back the original formula, or let SOCOM die for good and give us all closure. If we had a great SOCOM, it wouldn't matter what kind of forums we had. TRUST ME.
But in the meantime, the following is pretty much what you can expect on these boards...
People seeking some kind of closure, posters in denial, snipers trolling for laughs, or confused fans being creatures of habit because some of us have been here so long, we don't know how to stop logging in. It's hard to just stop talking to people online you've been friends with for years and years...
But maybe, just maybe, we'll find a way to persevere and find hope again... we'll just have to see what the future brings us.

This is pretty much the situation you've walked into as our new mods. Best of luck. I'll help when I have time.

http://community.us.playstation.com/mess...5#36277225

Don't  blame the developers.  They see what sells and they keep making until it stops.

[quote user="swiff84"]

flame for miss spells..hhmmm what do u do in your spare time?

[/quote]Who said anything about "miss spells" kiddo? Not gonna lie, though. That's bad too

TL;DR