We don't recognize the computer you're using blah blah blah! Fixed!!!

With Windows 7 open Internet Explorer

Click the Tool icon and then click Manage Add-On

Under Microsoft Corporation make sure that Windows Live ID Sign-In Helper is enabled

Voila! It worked for me instantly. But remember that you need to use Explorer to access your account because Chrome just won't do. Hope that can help a few of you who had this pesky problem. This feature didn't work since last July for me but now I can access my account on my laptop.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello

Trusted PC

You can also select Make this computer a trusted PC to link your Microsoft account with one or more personal (not public) computers. Then, if you ever need to reset your password, just use one of the linked computers, and we’ll know that you’re really you.

How to remove or delete an existing proof

• Go to Manage your security info, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
  • Next to the proof you want to remove, click Delete.

Note If you have only one proof on your Microsoft account and you want to remove it, you may have to use that proof to validate its own removal. (For example, to remove an email address that is the only proof on your account, you may need to respond to an email message sent to that same address.)

• If you’re unable to access any of your current proofs (such as a phone number you don’t recognize or an expired email account), see Get help with your Microsoft account security proofs.

Out-of-date, invalid, or inaccessible proofs

If you don’t have access to any of your current proofs for your Microsoft account (for example, if the phone numbers and email addresses associated with your account have all expired or are invalid), see Get help with your Microsoft account security proofs.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This might work if the computer in question was never registered in the first place but for people that had their computer registered already and it keep telling them that this is not a trusted PC, then this solution won't work. Trust me...I have been searching for answers for this problem since last year and the solution I offered is the only one that actually worked.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey BRIOCHEWARIOS! Thanks for offering up the solution that worked for you, this is definitely helpful!

Sorry this didn't help.