We cannot connect to your console right now. (0x8000001E)

Hello, wondering if anyone has an answer to this issue yet. I'm having what seems to be a common problem with my smartglass. My smartglass device(s) will not connect to my console, I have searched through forums to hopefully find an answer and followed them to the tee and still had no success. I have the Xbox one version of the app, my console ,iPad 2nd gen, iPod 5th gen and iPhone 4 are all on the same wireless network and I have tried unplugging/resetting both my router and Xbox one. Still nothings works and it's getting a little frustrating to say the least. Can anyone help? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 127 Applies to:

(and this is after I manually input my IP address)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i am having this same problem as well. i have looked everywhere but couldnt find anything that worked. ive uninstalled the app on my iphone, rebooted/unplugged the xbox one/router/iphone, and ive checked mutiple times to make sure im on the same wifi. anyone please offer more suggestions

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry you are having trouble connecting your devices to your Xbox One console.  Many times this issue can be traced back to the home network configuration including specific router or router settings.  Please take a look at the SmartGlass FAQ here and specifically walk through the connection section.  Even when you think you are connected to the same home network, there are some devices which can separate the wired connections from the wireless connections.  There can also be a setting sometimes referred to as "wifi isolation" which allows devices to connect to the Internet but are blocked from talking to each other (which is a good security measure for guest networks for instance).

Anyway, please carefully walk through these steps and let us know if you are able to connect.  If not, please let us know what specific network configuration you have including the brand and model number of your router.  Thanks!

Q: Why can’t I connect to my console?
A: Here are a few things to check to ensure you have a successful connection between your SmartGlass device and Xbox One.

• Make sure Xbox SmartGlass Apps is “On” in Settings/Preferences/SmartGlass Connections. 
  • Your SmartGlass device needs to be on the same network as your Xbox One Console:
  1. Make sure you’re not on your cellular/3G/4G network or on a separate wifi/switch.  Temporarily disable cellular data if you device has it to ensure you are connecting to your wifi network.
  2. Make sure you are not connected to your router’s Guest Network
  3. Make sure you disable Access Point/WiFi Isolation or related feature on your router
  4. If your Xbox One Console is connected via wired cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and connect the console to the same wifi network that your SmartGlass device is connected to
  • Turn off any VPN connection as this may prevent discovery/connection from functioning
  • Make sure you are running the Xbox One SmartGlass app and not the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app.
  • If none of these steps work, turn off your Xbox One console and unplug it for 30 seconds and restart the console.  
  • If you are still unable to connect, please post your situation including your network configuration (inc. router model), and SmartGlass device in this forum here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Now the app won't see the console after the newest update on ios on 1/26/14

Sorry this didn't help.