We CAN'T Play The MP Off Our HDD!

For reasons I'll never understand, we can't play the MP disc off our HDD, even if it's installed!

WTF is this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

^Makes sence indeed..

I booted up BF3 with my speakers muted and listened to my XB360 disc drive.

Sure enough, after about 2 to 3 minutes, it stopped spinning the disc.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

Disk drive could get a pounding on this game if its true.

Yes disc's spinning are the point of discs.  However when installed, not only is stuff accessed quicker (load times etc) but my main purpose is because I don't put wear on the disc's or 360.  Even though I have the newer model, I still prefer to just not spin any disc if I can avoid it.  I am still installing and updating but if this is indeed true, that seriously sucks and is very discouraging.  There is no point...NO POINT for it to spin.  I don't care what they are trying to protect.  I play online, they have my online pass code, my console is up to date and it reads the disc to play.  So the anti piracy argument is....pointless.  There is no plausible reason for this, if it is indeed true, which I will know soon enough.  I am done installing the first disc, did the update, now installing the texture pack then I need to install the 2nd disc.  I mean I won't like cry, but ya I will whine about it.

It's not in yours either. It's a glitch.

But yeah I'm sure. Pretty sure. It's pretty damn quiet - almost silent. Pretty sure I'd know if the disc was spinning.

[quote user="OrdealByFire"]

I installed to my hard drive, and the disc only spins for about 45 seconds after I start the game. After that, it's silent.

[/quote]

Are you sure? Did you put your ear close to your XB360?

Which XB360 model are you using?

Also, why is BF3 not in your recently played games list?

[quote user="TLS Big Boss"]

[quote user="OrdealByFire"]

I installed to my hard drive, and the disc only spins for about 45 seconds after I start the game. After that, it's silent.

[/quote]

Are you sure? Did you put your ear close to your XB360?

Which XB360 model are you using?

Also, why is BF3 not in your recently played games list?

[/quote]

Well, it's not in your recently played list either. ; )

Reboot your xbox 360 and clean cache.

[quote user="A Foam Football"]

It's like that for every game. You still must have the disk to play the game, even if it's installed.

[/quote]

I KNOW THAT!

What I am saying is that I have the game installed and it STILL reads from the disc WHILE I AM PLAYING. Every other game I've EVER installed only reads the disc when the game starts and then it stops reading the disc and streams from the HDD. BF3 does not do this.

Game is awesome.