We blame DICE/EA for our own hype? I lol'd

Posted this in another thread aswell....

We all thought , including me, that this beta would be a topnotch game showoff with full grahpics, textures, destruction, and so on..

We didn't had a clue DICE and EA had planned otherwise, but they also never told us to expect a fully operational Battlestation...eerrr..(**** .... again) Battlefield game.

Basicly its our own fault, we hyped this beta so much, that it could only be a let down. But we sure as hell cant blame DICE nor EA for it..

They told us we well get a BETA, the never told us we would get a DEMO with the purpose to showoff the game..

And yet, i still enjoy this beta.. only i dont enjoy rush. :/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="Dusty Arne"]

Posted this in another thread aswell....

We all thought , including me, that this beta would be a topnotch game showoff with full grahpics, textures, destruction, and so on..

We didn't had a clue DICE and EA had planned otherwise, but they also never told us to expect a fully operational Battlestation...eerrr..(Damnit .... again) Battlefield game.

Basicly its our own fault, we hyped this beta so much, that it could only be a let down. But we sure as hell cant blame DICE nor EA for it..

They told us we well get a BETA, the never told us we would get a DEMO with the purpose to showoff the game..

And yet, i still enjoy this beta.. only i dont enjoy rush. :/

[/quote]

Hey, many bush wookiees died to bring you this beta! How were they supposed to know it was a trap?

haha..

Firstly it's not really a Beta... Or at least a real Beta test. The Halo beta is the perfect example of how ALL games should run their Betas. Have it come out around 5-6 months prior to the game's release and really use the data from it to really put some work into the game. Major changes to coding and networking. Not whatever we're doing...

From what I've heard, it's a really old build and for some reason they're letting us play it now? It's impossible to really fix any of the major glitches and considering this is a really old build we aren't even helping anything. The new build is completely different. So we're not really testing any bugs and glitches.

All I can see being useful is balancing the game and making sure their servers are ready for the initial rush of players (We all know they won't be... But they still try anyways).

As a gamer, this was a huge disappointment. This should've been a demo, but I guess they didn't want players judging the final build if it is really buggy and laggy, so they give us a really old build so they can just blame all the issues on the old build. It's a really stupid marketing move.

EA really, REALLY botched this. We all know the game went Gold already so giving us this pisspoor old crappy build will in the end hurt sales instead of help them by saying, "Hey, don't worry! It's just a Beta so the final game will be 10 times better!"

Also the entire marketing plan was AWFUL for Bad Company 2. Every single ad and commercial kept saying Call of Duty in it... retarded. And now we get the Battlefield 3 Beta WITHOUT VEHICLES AND WIDE OPEN MAPS. This literally just feels like Call of Duty or Medal of Honor. The vehicles play such an enormous role in my, and many of my friends, enjoyment of the Battlefield series.

I just don't know. The initial bugs/glitches and server issues alone are making me really doubt getting this game on release. I think it just got pushed back to Christmas (Rage, Dead Island and Skyrim will hold me over though!).

you should edit ur sig then..

Also, I forgot how to add enough breaks for my posts to make paragraphs... Stupid Chrome.

Also you are very correct about my sig. Didn't even notice. Haven't been on this site in quite some time!

I know right... Chrome and this website is like BF3 and Beta!! Just doesn't work... LOL.. (bad joke.....)

Ow, and btw.. i agree on the Skyrim part in your sig.. :D cant frigging wiat for that game!

It was a really old build they used as a server stress test. That is all. Was it a bit stupid on EA / Dice's part? yes. Will the game look a lot better on release? We can only hope..