Ok, Huge Elder Scrolls fan. Been playing ever since Morrowind. That said. If you are too, then do not waste your time on this game.
1. Login failures, annoying, not a great start.
2. I purchased the special edition with all the bells and whistles. But guess what, only I get the bells and whistles, my wife and brother who want to play on my xbox don't get it. Zenimax says "you have to purchase that dlc again." For DLC... I... already... purchased.
3. Combat is slow and clunky. The game literally has the combat system used in games from ten years ago.
4. Every time you turn around they make the game overly difficult and frustrating so that you WANT to purchase in game money. Like way shrines, you can use them only so often otherwise it costs hundreds of gold to use. Just one example of the dozens of annoyances I have found like that.
5. You only get 60 inventory spaces which would be fine except the count crafting items as items so a flower takes up a whole inventory space.
6. Most items found in the world can be sold for 0 gold. Which shouldn't be horrible because you can break items down for their raw materials, except its not guaranteed if you get anything. Most items you get nothing.
7. Except for special dungeons and pvp you cannot quest with friends. You can each solo the same quest at the same time but group questing is a no-go. Which means no helping friends.
8. The area is flooded with players, often doing the same quest as you so you have literally twenty or so people standing around waiting for the big boss at the end of a dungeon to spawn. Then all hell and lag breaks out when he does and the fight literally lasts seconds.
9. Bad guys can hit you with a sword from twenty feet away. No joke.
10. Immersion is horrible. You wait in line to cure some npc with a potion. Watch him stand up and say "Thank you" then fall back on the floor so the next guy can heal him with his potion.
11. Playing areas at your level is to easy and playing above your level is suicide. You attack a heavily fortified enemy siege location... except their forces consist of two bad guys that spawn over and over again... Huh? I literally have to run around looking for someone to fight.
12. You can only sell so many stolen goods a day.
13. no mini map and no red dots for enemies... but that doesn't matter because enemies don't see you until you hit them, basically.
14. After level six you cant respawn where you died. You can if you have special crystals. Please purchase a pack of those in the store for real money.
15. Even after paying $60 or more on this game respecing your character skills costs almost ten dollars.
16. There is no magic skill trees. Only staff skill trees. So you cant level up healing like in previous editions you have to level up "restoration staff." Which would be ok except you cannot switch weapons mid fight. at least not until level 15.
17. Support on this game is worthless. I went to the forums on their website and tried to write some posts. After an hour of dealing with support I still could not log on my forum account. It kept saying their server was not recognizing my ip address and it kept sending me codes to me email to authenticate. Finally I got signed in and went to the forums. I tried to post and it said "please sign in" even though my name was at the top as logged in. So I type in my info for the thousandth time and it tells me my name was not recognized... Call customer support again. So while I was waiting I read forum stuff, only to read complaint after complaint of things wrong with the game on the PC side that has yet to be addressed after all this time. How long has it been out? A year almost?
Those were just SOME of the annoying things that I have found after a day of owning this game. My PC friends laugh at me and say "That is just how MMO's are." WHAT?! Bad graphics and crappy games are what the "PC Master Race" have been dealing with for years?! And they have been so desensitized that they think that its normal?! Ugh.
I am just sad that I bought this game digital so I can't return it for at least some of my money back.