Wasnt a BIG fan of elder scrolls IV

But this one is pretty damn good, I took a chance that it would have a more fallout 3 feel to it an I was right, elder scrolls IV didnt have that feel, I guess thats why I didnt even come close to finishing it.. Well worth the $80+  I payed for this well worth it!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was just about to make this exact same thread. I strongly disliked Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 (never beat any of them)... I took a huge chance buying this game and right now, I'm LOVING it. It also helps that I'm a huge fan of Dragons.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was getting worried you two wouldn't enjoy it.

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

But this one is pretty damn good, I took a chance that it would have a more fallout 3 feel to it an I was right, elder scrolls IV didnt have that feel, I guess thats why I didnt even come close to finishing it.. Well worth the $80+  I payed for this well worth it!!

[/quote]I'm on the exact same boat. I didn't like Oblivion at all. I even bought it a second time on PS3 thinking that maybe I just didn't "get it" the first time on Xbox 360. But man o man, did I love the ever loving crap out of Fallout 3! I'm real happy that this gargantuan game has a Fallout 3 feel to it. Bethesda really does evolve with each game.

Now if only they would hire an army of game testers.

Morrowind was AWESOME but Oblivion was way to dumbed down for the casual gamer. I hope Skyrim is better than Oblivion in every way possible.

^^^Hell man, Skyrim is even better than Morrowind.

I really love when people say they didn't like oblivion when all they done was leave the imperial sewers (tutorial). Go back and give it a chance, i guarantee you will fall in love with it after a while :P

I actually didnt really like oblivion and I have 1250/1250

I really liked Shivering Isles tho.

Oblivion just had real crappy scaling which took away the epicness of getting powerful and finding good weapons, the main game was kinda boring and I quit it several times (came back several times too, determined to give this game more chances) before doing the guild quests. Absolutely loved the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild tho.

Just to play Devil's Advocate but...

[quote user="Argonian Leader"]

I really love when people say they didn't like oblivion when all they done was leave the imperial sewers (tutorial). Go back and give it a chance, i guarantee you will fall in love with it after a while :P

[/quote]

I really love when people say, "now, you just need to try it more, then you'll like it". Media and Preference are always simply that. If I didn't like something five minutes ago, what makes anyone think I will need another five minutes or five hours or five days just to come to the same understanding?

Short answer, if someone doesn't like something, they don't like it. It really is that simple.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

Morrowind was AWESOME but Oblivion was way to dumbed down for the casual gamer. I hope Skyrim is better than Oblivion in every way possible.

[/quote]

Meh, that's kinda a over-inflated self ego type of thinking. Oblivion was hardly "dumbed down" for a "casual" Market. The "casual" Market (if it even truly exist) is for Players who simply want to pick up a Game and play for a short duration. Thousands of Items, hundreds of Locations and almost endless Character Customization doesn't really qualify as "casual".

@The Dribble, Yeah Shaeogorath is my all time favourite game character, I loved him lol.

Don't be a nerd and pick little things thats wrong with the game. Its a great game simple as that.