Was the Original Xbox a Beta Console for Microsoft to try on the public?

The console was fantastic, built-in 8GB HDD, great graphics (DoA3 and Chaos Theory are stunning games to play on OX), Xbox LIVE had commenced by then, but when it comes to games it didn't have too many, and some/most developers would rather just produce games for PS2 instead, that and OX died in 2006 in Europe (2007 in US).

-

Then it came Xbox 360, my favourite console of this generation. I just hope the next Xbox will be more 'hardcore' gamer-based than Xbox 360 was, and less exclusives for Kinect 2.0 make them for the Xbox with controller, please, Microsoft.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That's how much it had, 8GB?  

I just remember the blocks & how I kept installing music thinking it would be filled but never did.

Of course I didn't download anything but had a lot of game saves.

I heard a rumor that the center green thing in the original xbox allowed you to peer into the soul of Bill Gates during high tide.

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

I just hope the next Xbox will be more 'hardcore' gamer-based than Xbox 360 was, and less exclusives for Kinect 2.0 make them for the Xbox with controller, please, Microsoft.

[/quote]

The 360 was released in 2005. Kinect was released in 2010. So for 5 years there was no Kinect, and the same (controller-based) core exclusives existed then as now...

-

The next gen Xbox however will have Kinect right from the start, and likely the same exclusives, maybe with one or two new IPs... If anything, next gen will be much more 'casual'.

Can't we just be happy knowing that multi-plats are better on 360?

True that, x24hrs2livex.

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

[/quote]

the question is, next gen, will multiplats be better on next box. and if so, will it be enough to keep the gamers with xbox or will they move again

[/quote] As in multiplatform games? Yeah, that's not a fact.

^^Its reality. You can try to deny it but we all know what the truth is

*waits for multi-plat debate to start*

At this point it is coming down to the attachment to whatever service you enjoy using for multi-platform games.

For the gamers who would have access to play, let's say Mass Effect 3, on any or all platforms, PS3/WiiU/X360/PC, what do you choose?

Gamers like myself who have a lot of great friends gaming with XBL, it's easily the best choice to stick with X360, even if it isn't the best version.

But if you have more gamers on Steam or PSN, then that has an advantage to those people.

I still laugh at a friend who bought AC3 for his WiiU, he was cursing me when he realized I was right & couldn't find a single Multiplayer match.

^^Its reality. You can try to deny it but we all know what the truth is

*waits for multi-plat debate to start*

[/quote] Uh huh. You make such a compelling point. Clap clap.