Warranty purchase?

Online service center lists 69.99 for a 3 year plan for the Xbox One.  I've got my new XB 1 registered, but when I try to purchase the plan it tells me it's not eligible, even though you're supposed to be able to purchase it within the first 45 days of owning one.

Is this just a glitch in the system or will Microsoft only let you get a warranty if you purchased it through them?  Seems pretty stupid if that is the policy.  Would make it worthwhile to just return my console to the local brick and mortar and order one from MS instead to get a warranty that lasts more than 1 year...

Thanks for any info anyone has

J

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Did you get this sorted? I have the same issue. ran out of time now as like an idiot. I kept trying online.

My expiry date is FEB 19TH 2015

I have been told to try after feb 19th 2014 ( can't see it working, i am not giving up on this) I will keep proof i tried to contact MS to BUY the warranty!!! if the xbox one goes wrong i will get them to pay for the repair!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

G'day jdthird! Thanks for posting here, let's see what we can do to sort this out. Is there any more info provided explaining the eligibility issue?

If you're ultimately unable to make the purchase from the Online Service Center, then a Microsoft Store support agent can also help you out. Check the info here for more details.

Sorry this didn't help.

JDTHIRD, I am having the exact same problem. Were you able to get your problem fixed? I have already wasted a lot of time with Microsoft Support. I have talked to a bunch of Microsoft Reps, i keep getting transferred and none of them were able to fix my issue. I bought my Xbox One from Gamestop Nov 29, after i registered my Xbox online it showed that the 1 Year Warranty was set to begin on Feb 2014 (Did Gamestop sell me an Xbox that was not supposed to be sold till Feb 2014?), i found that to be odd, but since i was going to buy the extended warranty i didn't think that it would matter. But when i tried to buy the Extended 3 Year Warranty it told me that my Xbox One is not eligible for a service plan. I contacted Microsoft Support, and that's were things just got worse. The reps don't even seem to understand what the problem is. They give me web links to Xbox faqs and other random stuff that won't help me whatsoever. One time on chat support i even got automatically transferred to Spanish Xbox Support for some reason. Finally, one rep opened a case and told me that i would get an email soon asking for a receipt scan. I got the email, replied to it with the proper receipt scan, and now my Xbox Device Manager shows that my Xbox One has the right warranty date (Exp Nov 2014), but the Kinect Sensor still shows the incorrect "Feb 2015" Exp date. AND i am still unable to buy the Extended 3 Year Warranty. Now i keep trying to explain my problem to Xbox Support and its the same thing over and over again. I am upset and frustrated. I just don't know what else to do. If anyone else who was having the same problem found a solution, i would greatly appreciate it if you shared the solution with me.

Sorry this didn't help.