warning to all player (please read important)

Hi there

i just wanted to let you know that mine account got hacked.

was playing bf3 and all of the sudden i got disconnected and was told that mine account was used on another console

and thru a friends account i could see that mine account was playing fifa 12.

i looked futher into that if more people had the same problem and  then i saw this.

please read

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2011/10/20/microsoft-responds-to-fifa-12-hacks/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, EA's horrendous servers are starting to *** you over in more ways than one.

Well, anyone that hasn't already might want to change that EA password for their account to something other than the same password as their Microsoft account.

[quote user="Son of Sandwich"]

Yeah, EA's horrendous servers are starting to *** you over in more ways than one.

[/quote]

Not all of the servers are EA. Plenty are DICE servers as well.

Well you sir have just been phished

phised your account. Not EA/DICE faults just your fault.

You probably gave someone your info with the hopes of getting a higher rank or unlocks.

[quote user="Red Clown"]

phised your account. Not EA/DICE faults just your fault.

[/quote]

Not really. They can social engineer customer support claiming to be you to get your information. Here's an example.

Also, it recently happened to me but I never gave out any information or clicked on some website. My advice is to call Microsoft customer support and explain your situation. They can launch an investigation and lock down your account. Hopefully they'll refund what you lost.

@silkyjj: no i dont play like that!!!

and also i didnt gave my info to anyone

Bit off a worry to see that this game is the common denominator

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

Also, it recently happened to me but I never gave out any information or clicked on some website. My advice is to call Microsoft customer support and explain your situation. They can launch an investigation and lock down your account. Hopefully they'll refund what you lost.

[/quote]

what's with the hackers playing FIFA 12 - your hacker even wanted your friends to play with them 0_0

Hacking requires a large knowledge of programming, which most people don't have.

The most common ways that people get hold of your account info without hacking:-

• People giving out there info via Xbox Live.
  • Logging into websites that ask you for your Gamertag & Password (Always Avoid These Sites).
  • People guessing the answer to your Security Question and resetting your password (Most Common).
  • People using simply and easy to guess passwords.

Always use unrelated answers to security questions when setting up new accounts, don't use the same passwords (Have one for Xbox Live and another for other less important things and make sure your password as at least one upper case character and random numbers.

This is simple stuff some people forget to do when setting up a new account but helps stop other people from accessing your account.