Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

What are your guys thoughts about this game? Me, I think its going to be one of the best shooters coming out this year and will be a day 1 buy for me, and i've never really payed much attention to any of the Warhammer games but after playing the demo and seeing gameplay footage of the game, im starting to become more and more interested in the Warhammer series.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I really liked it I thought it was gonna be another cheap gears knockoff but it was actually really good I hope it has campaign splitscreen though.

I'm not going to buy it, but it was actually kinda fun.

Warhammer is meant to be a table top (top down) turn based, war game. To turn it into a third person,  hack and slash shooter is just wrong. I think genaral gamers will enjoy it but Gameswork Shop & Warhammer fans will hate it.

[quote user="NameMonkey Boy"]

Warhammer is meant to be a table top (top down) turn based, war game. To turn it into a third person,  hack and slash shooter is just wrong. I think genaral gamers will enjoy it but Gameswork Shop & Warhammer fans will hate it.

[/quote]

I'd have to disagree with that. Almost all of my Warhammer lovin' and playing mates (of which I'm about to become one) are all loving the game and all the references to the history.

What's wrong with turning the board-game into a videgame shooter? The lore is pretty damn good for it!

Anyway, I enjoyed the demo and I'm loving forward to my copy (hopefully) hitting my doorstep in the next week or so.

Apart from the fact it that when it was first announced I am sure they said it was going to be a 4 player co-op RPG. There is a lot wrong with turning it into a shooter. anyone who has played WH40k  knows that while they have big guns that do a lot of damage the guns themselves are very inaccurate, Space marines, Eldar and Orks all get in for the close combat where they are more effective.

I'm a long time Warhammer fan and I am not too keen on this game right now, I may still pick it up when it's on sale, but I am not interested in paying full price for it.

@ Rage Machismo: You do realise that Gears is the "Cheap" Knock off of WH40k right?.

Decent game, but not worth a buy in the busy fall schedule up ahead.

Demo seemed like a fairly run of the mill shooter to me. I'll rent it via Gamefly so I have something to play once I've exhausted Dead Island

It felt like a clunky hack n slash to me.  Nothing that makes me want to get it day one, especially when Dead Island will be keeping me busy up until Gears 3.

My sister downloaded the demo on my 360 and loved it. I haven't played it yet, but she wants me to buy it anyway.

Only a rental for me :S But I liked the demo