Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Demo

What you think?

Big square-jawed space marines in big armour stomping around sounded pretty generic to me.  Maybe it is, but I found it pretty fun anyway.  It's on my radar now.  Best demo for a shooter in some time IMO.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

good, I look forward to downloading it later today.

I enjoyed it, although a bit short (hoping that the levels are longer than the demos). I've been waiting since the big black box for a WH40k game (I was spewing to find out that Firewarrior wouldn't be on the xbox, then grateful after I heard how bad it was).

I hope there are no real lag issues online as I don't think it will have a very big following down here.

I want to buy it but I will wait for a price drop.

I've downloaded it, I've played it and I've deleted it.

Not a game I like so far.

Very much enjoyed it, but it didn't put to rest my fears that it will just be continous waves of enemies for 12-15 hours.

Still, looking forward to the full game and hope that THQ sends it out in the next week or two,

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

What you think?

Big square-jawed space marines in big armour stomping around sounded pretty generic to me.  Maybe it is, but I found it pretty fun anyway.  It's on my radar now.  Best demo for a shooter in some time IMO.

[/quote]

Just thought I'd let you know that, while theere were a few styles before, Warhammer pretty much started the Space Marine thing. So there's you're question of the day; is it generic if it's the Space Marines that made the current generation Space Marines generic?

Starship Troopers started the Space Marine thing.

warhammer has been around since like the 80's.

Starship troopers 1959. so yea the book was one if not the one that coined the name "space Marine"

Yep, and then was the British comic book Character Rogue trooper around before Warhammer 40k? I think he might have been.He would be another influence on WH40k.

To be honest I would have expected many a GoW fan to claim WH40K was copying that franchise