War Games Map Pass Question

Hi there,

I bought Halo 4 LE at launch, used the Map Pass and back then it was in my download list, however I have since changed to a new Xbox 360.

The map pass is no longer in my Download History, but the other Limited Edition extras are still present.

My Question is, do I have to pay for the map pass again?  Did it expire?

Any help would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I believe the map pass was under the alpha specialization code. I would say re-download all your LE items from your history, then when you load up the game go to the marketplace in-game and you should be able to download all the maps again. You may also want to check if you did a license transfer with your profile to your new system. It's under account management on your system. Sometimes dlc won't show up until the license transfer has been completed. Hope this helps.

I believe it would be included in the Infinity Actual Kit.

I'm having the same issues as RetroMuffinz, with the only difference being is that I sent in my Xbox for repairs and only when I received it today did I start to have issues with the War Games Map Pass.  What's even more odd is the file itself is on the HDD, but when I pull it up, it doesn't show my profile, or anyone for that matter, as the owner and it lists the creation date of the file for 11/22/2005.  All the other Halo 4 files seem to be just fine.  I troubleshooted it for 3 hours with no success before contacting Xbox Support and they're baffled by this as well.

Same problem as Little Riki*

Why is something that should be so obvious not even?  It has the map pass on my hard drive but once you start up the disc, it has the dlc as unavailable and prompts me to purchase.

[quote user="RetroMuffinz"]

Hi there,

I bought Halo 4 LE at launch, used the Map Pass and back then it was in my download list, however I have since changed to a new Xbox 360.

The map pass is no longer in my Download History, but the other Limited Edition extras are still present.

My Question is, do I have to pay for the map pass again?  Did it expire?

Any help would be appreciated.

[/quote]

Make sure you transfer the license to the new console and also do the data transfer to new console. 

I recently had that problem and once I did the above it worked fine.  It should show up in your history after the data transfer, then re download just for grins

How do you license transfer and data transfer without the transfer cable?

You don't transfer data w/o it.  Or use a flash drive but dont need one for License transfer

Same problem still. I transferred license and re downloaded all the content. It recognizes the spartan armor/skins but when the dlc maps appear as the 3 map option, their black(no picture) and it immediately removes me from the game once it counts down. (when using my alternate account)

That's weird....

Did you redownload the entire Map Pass or just the individual Map Packs?

You might also delete the Map Pass from the hard drive and then redownload it.  Along with the latest Update.  All the things I suggest is what MS Support told me to do back when it happened.