Want to play Resident Evil 6 Early? Buy Dragon's Dogma

"While Capcom's open-world action gameDragon's Dogma has attracted a fair amount of interest, it hasn't generated even a fraction of the buzz of say, a new Resident Evil game. Capcom helps it along by slipping a token for access to the Resident Evil 6 demo inside every copy of Dragon's Dogma.

To further demonstrate the popularity of Dragon's Dogma versus Resident Evil 6, I didn't feel the need to mention that Capcom also dated the action game for May 22 in North America (25 in Europe) in the headline, choosing instead to place it here so folks know when they'll be getting those vouchers.

Want to get into the demo faster than anyone else? Be an Xbox 360 owner. Xbox players will gain access to the Resident Evil 6 beta on July 3, while PlayStation 3 gamers will have to wait until September 4 (5 in Europe).

For those interested in Dragon's Dogma on its own merits, Capcom also revealed plans to support the game extensively through post-release downloadable content, and has set up cheesy retailer-specific preorder bonuses at GameStop, Best Buy, and Amazon.com.

I'd say sales projections just went up."

-Kotaku

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I am really interested in the game since they mentioned it will include a create NPC tool...i hope they didn't get rid of that idea.

The demo is a much welcomed addition to a title I'm already very excited for.

In b4 skyrim fanboys.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

In b4 Darksouls fanboys.

[/quote]Fixed.

A fanboy is someone who defends a game and doesn't accept it's flaws and thinks that all other games in that genre are terrible. I accept Dark Souls flaws, such as the devastatingly laggy side of multiplayer and stupid lack of party chat. I also enjoy other RPGs besides Dark Souls.

-

The term you're looking for is simply fan.

i don't really have much interest in Dragon Dogmas. At least Capcom has found a sure-fire way to get sales out of the game.

I was interested in Dragon's Dogma, Then I saw the Gameplay footage. The game has the ugliest looking movement and combat I have seen in a game since Alone in the Dark.