Hello! My name is SpartanBH and I am here to tell you about the war simulator community that is Forerunner Conflict. What is a war simulator community you ask? In a nutshell, it is a community that simulates the actual feeling of a real war and military-like
feeling in the HALO universe. There are two armies, REDD and BLUE, who "battle" every Sunday night at 6PM(EST) over various maps to gain control of a "war map" that we have created. In a war simulator, each army has a ranking system, and each army also has
Battalions and Platoons. The "Wars" (as we call them) use a variety of gametypes, some simple such as SLAYER and CTF, and others more unique and custom-made, but in the end all feel like an actual war setting. ***See bottom of post if you are already in a
History of our community:
Our community has been around since the spring of 2005, which means we've been around for ALMOST SEVEN YEARS. Our name has gone through various changes, most notable ones are Red vs. Blue Wars, Allies vs. Axis, Galactic Wars, and Red vs. Blue Retaliation, before finally becoming Forerunner Conflict by the start of Halo 3. Through the years we've gone through many positive changes to make our wars more authentic and fun. Currently, there are approximately 150-200 soldiers and growing fast each day.
Basic Background Information:
Forerunner Conflict: Revolutions is based off the following universe which sets the basis for it's online war-simulation games, which take place over Xbox Live on the designated Halo game at the time. The following is basic background information; please refer to other threads in the future for more specific information on factions, important characters, a proper timeline and the overall status of the universe.
Some important base facts that will be elaborated upon.
- The war encompassing all of known human-controlled space is known universally as the Forerunner Conflict. It started in 2573, twenty years after the Human-Covenant War officially ended.
- The current year is 2606. For all intents and purpose, the time zone used is Standard Earth Time, or SET.*
- Imperial Marines most closely resemble UNSC Marines wearing the 2531-era BDU outfit.
- The primary cause of the Forerunner Conflict is the requisitioning of Forerunner technology for usage in economic and military applications with the problem of access to this technology being limited; the secondary cause is desire to control all of human-occupied space.
- There are two primary human factions as well as a host of smaller ones not limited to Humanity. The major two are the Royal Enforcers Deployment Division (also known as the REDD Army or the Empire) and the Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles (also known as the BLUE Army or the Brotherhood); they are the foremost participants in the Forerunner Conflict.
- The Spartan program originally developed by Dr. Catherine Halsey has been expanded upon tremendously. Both sides lay claim to their own leagues of Spartan-IVs, the newest designation of Spartan class. These Spartans are as the numerous as the IIIs and as robust as the IIs with the updated equipment to match.
- Artificial Intelligence is as common as butter on bread at this point in time. There is a Smart A.I. for every Spartan-IV in the R.E.D.D., the Imperial Military's Spartan Division. In the Brotherhood, there is a Smart A.I. for every Spartan-IV team leader; they are in high demand and the Brotherhood does not have as much resources as the Empire. Alien constructs are common as well, although they are not as innovative or adaptable as human versions.
- In terms of where legacies lie, the Empire has it's roots in the ashes of United Nations Space Command and the United Earth Government. The Brotherhood has it's origins in an Outer Colony political movement and the naval and ground elements of the Imperial Military that defected to it's cause in the early stages of the Forerunner Conflict.
- The Empire is much better funded and operates more efficiently than the Brotherhood. However, it's military forces are equipped to fight a conventional war against a conventional enemy. Thus, the Brotherhood's mixture of open engagements and guerrilla tactics has proved devastating to Imperial forces.
- In a rough estimate, the Empire controls 85% of the Inner Colonies and 25% of the Outer Colonies firmly; accordingly, the Brotherhood controls 15% of the Inner Colonies and 75% of the Outer Colonies firmly.
- Plasma technology has begun to circulate amongst the human factions, but the rank and file trooper is still issued with weapons that have been updated from previous eras like the Human-Covenant War (I.E. the MA5C has been replaced by the MA5D, etc.) However, outdated weapons like the MA5B are still found in usage by the Brotherhood and other Insurrectionist groups.
- At this time, two other Halo Installations have been discovered. The first is Installation 02, which is currently being fought over in a miniature conflict between Installation security forces (Sentinels) and an Imperial Armada. Flood containment has not yet been breached on this ring. The second is Installation 03, which is also being fought over between Installation security forces (Sentinels), Imperial forces, Brotherhood forces, and the Flood.
- It is generally agreed upon by independent analysts that the winner of this war will achieve victory by controlling Reach, which has since been terraformed and re-created as a military bastion once more.
- The Sangheili are currently split between the Empire and Brotherhood, the Arbiter and a minority of Sangheili Councilors favor the Brotherhood while a majority favor the Empire; thus, they can be found on both sides although they are much more common with the Empire. The Unggoy and Mgalekgolo endorse the Empire, while the Kig-Yar favor the Brotherhood. Non-human auxiliaries are most commonly found fighting with the Empire. At this point in time, what remains of the Jiralhanae have not chosen a side; regardless, their population is too insignificant to make any major impact on the war.
This all sounds awesome! How do I join!?
Well first off, you should visit our forum boards, register, and enlist for whichever army you would like. Our forums are http://fcwars.net/. But, you can't immediately jump into battle once you enlist! Even in the actual world, all enlisted must go through a BOOT CAMP. Yes, you heard me, BOOT CAMP. This has been the TRADEMARK of our community since the day it was created. All members must go through a BOOT CAMP, in which they will be told the rules, regulations, and will be shown several few military-like tactics that can come in handy in the actual battles or even matchmaking! We also to use BOOT CAMPS to weed out anyone who isn't interested or not taking us seriously. To receive a boot camp, please enlist on the forums and you will be contacted by a drill instructor*. Here are also people you may contact for details:
******Currently BLUE Army is in need of more recruits than REDD. Though the choice is ultimately up to you, we'd appreciate it if you did your part to keep the armies balanced in numbers. Thank you!
*Rengade 0f Funk-Drill Instructor
*You MUST be at least 15 years old to join. Special cases will be made for people younger who can prove they are mature enough to be apart of the community
Our Most Important Rule:
Though our community is a war simulator and we take our roles seriously, our number one focus is about RESPECT and making sure everyone is having fun, because in the end that's why people play video games, to have FUN! If you join, don't hate someone because they are in a different army, our job is to make sure everyone is friendly and having a fun time, while at the same time being competitive! We encourage people to make many new friends.
So if you are looking for a fun, yet military-like competitiveness and a new interesting experience over HALO: Reach, PLEASE CONTACT ME (or preferably one of the army leaders) IMMEDIATELY!! I will gladly respond ASAP and answer any questions.
MAKE SURE YOU VISIT OUR FORUMS FIRST THOUGH! http://fcwars.net/!! MAKE SURE YOU POST IN THE UNIVERSAL RECRUITMENT SECTION PLEASE!
***If you are already in a clan, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR CLAN TO JOIN OUR COMMUNITY. Like I said, we are a community, not a clan. You can bring your clan as a group into these wars and we will give you a set squad/platoon depending on how many
people you have. But again, by no means are we trying to destroy or poach members from your clan. If you are interested in affiliating with us, then by all means contact our Forerunners:
TL:DR : If you'd like a respectful completely new and unique experience while making a ton of new friends, join Forerunner Conflict today!