Want to download same game to two different consoles under two different gamertags

Here is the scenario:

Me (dad) has xbox live account and gamertag, but no console

Son1 has his own xbox live account, gamertag, console

Son2 has his own xbox live account, gamertag, console

I have things set up so that I have to sign into my gamertag and make game purchases (so my credit card information isn't available to either son's gamertags).   Normally, I sign in, purchase and download a game, logoff, sign into the gamertag of the son whose console I am using/buying the game for, and download the game to their gamertag. 

The problem I'm running  into is that both Son1 and Son2 want the same game on each of their consoles.  It is already purchased and downloaded onto Son1's console (using the method above).  I'm willing to pay for the game again to get it onto Son2's console, but it won't let me.  When I try to use the method above signing into my gamertag on Son2's console, I get a message that I have already purchased the game and asks me if I want to download again.  If I choose that option and try to then download it to Son2's gamertag I get a message that the game cannot  be accessed.  

How can I buy the game again?  Do I need to delete it from my gamertag and then purchase and download it again?  Will that impact the download to Son1s console? 

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Since you've already purchased the game under your gamertag, it is not possible for you to purchase it again. You would have to purchase it under one of your son's gamertag or purchase it on disc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.