Want a Censoring Feature?

I do! Do you! I don't like the fact that game makers are spicing-up their T-rated franchises and make them rated M by adding blood and stronger language. But I feel that they are losing more people as a result. They think that more children than ever before are being allowed to play hard-M games like Call of Duty: Black Ops, Grand Theft Auto, Gears of War, and Borderlands.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The game developers are noobs with no family/kids so there won't be any censor, ever, seriously, they made a forum petition, but the Devs are still jackasses. Funny how they put in a "M16A3" just because a few minority of people bitched about it, but not Comm-Rose, Commander Mode, nor Curse Filter.  

what the *** you need a censoring feature for?  Its a war game

Know a language your kids don't know? Spanish, Italian, French, German? Switch it on the options. Good thing I'm quadrilingual.

Wait Wait....so am I the only one here who laughed when I heard "Can I get some godd***ned help over here!? Im getting f***ed up the @zz!" Cmon, that was some funny s***!!

Some people have been complaining about profanity in recent FPS games. They want an option to turn it off. I'm concerned about kids being allowed to play Black Ops because of having profanity throughout. I want a elaborate censoring feature just like in Gears of War 2.

First of all, in my estimation, more children than ever are being allowed to play M-rated online games. Case and point: sit in a CoD lobby for 5 minutes. Not that I condone it.

But why would you be concerned with cursing and "[additional} blood" in a game that is based soley on war and in-your-face armed conflict?? Thats like ordering a Big Mac and being concerned that they don't offer it on a whole wheat bun.

All I have to say about censorship in M rated games and kids is that kids shouldnt be playing them in the first place. The degredation of their minds isnt the games fault, its the unknowledged parents that are guilty.

Look at the "No Russian" mission in COD:MW2. That mission caused that game to recieve an adults-only rating in most countries.

[quote user="ElDestructoid"]

Look at the "No Russian" mission in COD:MW2. That mission caused that game to recieve an adults-only rating in most countries.

[/quote]

And what is your point? The very nature of the game should be enough to ensure an adults-only rating. It's trivial to be concerned that children are hearing curse words or seeing graphic violence when playing a WAR GAME. The censorship should being and end with the parents, not the game developers.

COD: Corrupting the minds of children since 2007.