Walking Dead Game of the Year?This is total nonsense!

On Spike TV game of the Year Awards I was appalled that Telltale Games' Walking Dead received game of the year,.First off I did download the first episode which was fairly entertaining so when I downloaded the second episode I discovered it was unplayable! After finishing episode 1, I returned to the title screen and selected episode 2 only to be restarted in the back of the cop car at the beginning of the first episode.I tried once more to load episode 2.This time I tried to load #2 again and was shown the final cut scene of episode 1 before being returned to the title screen.I deleted these,re-downloaded and got the same results.I searched the internet for solutions and found others had the same problem but no one had solutions.I am unable to contact the developers(how convenient) so how does a game that doesn't play deserve any award,much less game of the year? I still would like to see episode 2 play as it should but I do not see this happening anytime soon.The game makers have my money already so why should they care ? My vote for game of the year is Skyrim or Minecraft,but strangely,Spike never even mentioned these games which leads me to believe they are biased in their opinion and someone,.maybe Telltale games, has them in their hip pocket.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Um, okay? I doubt they've been paid to make them game of the year.

First off, Skyrim was Spike's VGA's GOTY Winner for 2011.  And Minecraft is really a game from 2010.

Anyway, It's just ONE of the many GOTY awards given out across many many media outlets.

Machinima had their GOTY go to HALO 4.

Game Informer gave it to MASS EFFECT 3.

I didn't think Walking Dead would get it through spike but that is actually a big sign that a Digital game (releasing on disc this week) can get recognition & kinda shows that a big name company couldn't buy the award.

It is a pretty unique game & caused a lot of emotions through gamers, which doesn't happen too often so it was deserved.

Anyway, my 2 favorite games of the year won't win anything, (FC3 & RE6) but I don't care, they are my GOTY.

Uh, Minecraft and Skyrim DID not come out this year.....

In all honesty, does it really matter so long as you got to enjoy the games you play? Seriously, no one can take that away from you. If anything, The Walking Dead winning is, for once, something notable considering it's origins as a game.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

First off, Skyrim was Spike's VGA's GOTY Winner for 2011.  And Minecraft is really a game from 2010.

Anyway, It's just ONE of the many GOTY awards given out across many many media outlets.

Machinima had their GOTY go to HALO 4.

Game Informer gave it to MASS EFFECT 3.

I didn't think Walking Dead would get it through spike but that is actually a big sign that a Digital game (releasing on disc this week) can get recognition & kinda shows that a big name company couldn't buy the award.

It is a pretty unique game & caused a lot of emotions through gamers, which doesn't happen too often so it was deserved.

Anyway, my 2 favorite games of the year won't win anything, (FC3 & RE6) but I don't care, they are my GOTY.

[/quote]

Well said and i agree about FC 3.  

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I dont know what your smoke'n dude, but I think Telltale damn well deserved it.
Fantastic game, cant wait for Season 2. 

I like walking dead so I downloaded the first episode but for me it wasn't worth it to pay for every episode.

I for one like to say this awards shows shoud happen in 2013. when all 2012 games haved come out and haved gikving the chance to be honor for what they did. As for THE WALKING DEAD. I think it earned it. And it should give the big boys that it not big fancy stuff make the game great. But it how fun the game is.

I agree, the Walking Dead game winning any kind of award is just absurd. I don't care how good the story was, that's only a single aspect of a game. An entire game that's basically just one big interactive cutscene winning GOTY? What a joke. This "game" rode the coattails of success of the TV show. If this game was actually titled Zombie Fever, and had nothing to do with the Walking Dead do you honestly think it would have been nominated for anything? Let alone GOTY? If you answered yes, you're delusional.

sword style thought we need to haved something to give the big boys to try to be down to earth. And bring fun games by there gameplay. And not there looks.

When The AIAS awards come out then this will be settled they are the only one that I think count as it is.