Wake on Lan (WOL) over the Internet (Xbox one)

Starting the one via the app is no problem, but I think it would be more important for one/10 users to have the ability to start their xboxes from wherever they are. I can play my games on my Laptop using the streaming ability (over the internet), but I have to set my xbox on "permanently on" (I know - they call it differently in the settings). WOL is an ethernet call and so it is a real problem doing it over the internet - I tried EVERYTHING!!! ... Port 7 - 9 open and port forwarding to my XBOX / VPN / ... -> it did not work. I think there should be an easy possibility for the gamers (no idea how you do it ... maybe if you give the one an VPN server and let the people log into it or whatever - "local" wol call), but I think THAT is really the future for the Xbox One. Play your games wherever you are.

Please think about it

I don't regret buying a one :) it gets better and better!!

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2018 Views 2,144 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

I've made an Windows 10 Universal App called XOON that does exactly what you are asking for. Yo'll have to configure some port forwarding rules in your home router, and make sure that your console uses the cable connection (all these configuration requirements are listed in the help section of the app). You can download the app from Windows Store.

Have fun!

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.