Wait a second...

So im currently at my local mall. I was walking by this new "gaming lounge" (which i think is so very stupid) were people pay about $10 for 30 minutes to play a game that is available. Somehow they get enough buisness to stay open, but thats besides the point. Anyway so a kid about the age of 10 walks in with $10 and asks to play MW3, which they allow him to do. But i was wondering if they are even allowed to do this considering its a rated M game. Wouldnt the kid need a parent with him to even be allowed for the transaction to happen? - This thread is more about if since it is illegal to sell a game thats rated M to a kid without a parent, shouldnt kids be bared from paying to play rated M games at "gaming lounges" without a parent as well?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

HA.  Some do, but guess where they learn it from.  I've met some good kids in the game.  I know most of the voices I hear screaming obsenities don't belong to kids.

its the kids who say things adults dont want to hear.

@ xDefyspace nothing i would want recorded on a message board lol. But let's just say growing up in NYC in the 90s was a blast

Common sense would say that it is not proper for the child to be playing the m rated game at this said establishment. Payment or not the minor should not be there alone and if allowed to play must be accompanied by an adult in my opinion. Thats a nice business they have there that I would like to start up here in NYC but know that I would run into a bunch of legal crap. Set up 20 360's and 10 ps3's at 20 bucks a pop for 30 minutes of online play. Genius! You guys can do the math and see that it would be a very lucrative weekend business.

In the 80's I used to go to Play Land arcade in Time Square and I know for sure I was seeing other minors play some serious m rated titles before the rating system was instituted.

Do tell, Bacon.

Some people seem to forget they were underage at some point to. And i did alot of stuff underage that's alot worst then playing a video game.

I've seen worse. :O

A 21-year-old squeaker? Seems legit.

Oh no, ratings are fine! It's all a problem of people seeing gaming as babysitters for their children or for inmature people. I wish it were otherwise but sadly, being a gamer has and is a social stigma.

Apparently ratings are a joke.  The point is, children should not be playing online with adults or teens, if they are able to communicate.  No mic, no texting, no problem.  If the blood and gore isn't so bad, then I say let them play.  It's the crap they have to listen to playing with alleged "grown ups" that can be inappropriate.  Kids are supposed to respect and admire their elders, not be disgusted with them.